- Start Date: Summer Term
- Duration: Ongoing supply work
- Job Type: Temporary
- Region: South Wales
- Location: Swansea
- Sector: Teaching Assistant
- Salary: From £7.50 per hour
- Job Ref: NH-441
Then look no further. New Directions Education are looking for qualified or experienced Teacher Assistants who aspire to further their career and prospects through varied and exciting placements in Primary Schools in the Swansea County Borough. Swansea hosts an abundance of fantastic Primary Schools, each individual yet all holding a strong ethos of community with dedication to promoting and carrying out the National Curriculum.
New Directions Education has recently been awarded the 'All Wales Agreement' to become the Preferred Supplier of relief staff to the Schools in the County Borough of Swansea. We are therefore looking to increase our database of staff to ensure that each School has quality 'Supply' Staff.
Do you have the following skills:
- Creative Skills
- Good Communication
- Dedication to the Educational Profession
If you feel you have the above and below skills and you are a competent and confident Teacher Assistant; and you are looking for variety within your workload then, please contact the Swansea Branch or register your interest online today.
The job of a teaching or classroom assistant is a now vital resource for the teacher where the position in heavily relied upon in the classroom. Further evidencing the importance of this role within schools is the rapid growth in numbers employed across the UK. Numbers employed have risen from 61,000 a decade ago 213,900 in 2011.
Teaching Assistant Qualifications
New Directions Education are specialists in recruiting Teaching Assistant (TA) jobs who are qualified to the below:
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant;
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant;
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA);
- CACHE Level 3 in Childcare & Education;
- BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing).
We will also consider experienced learning support assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in Special Educational Needs (SEN)
A large number of our jobs are in SEN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
Duties of a Teaching Assistant
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head Teacher, SENCO and Class Teachers;
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes (IEP) for students and help monitor their progress;
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities;
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records;
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
We are fully committed to the protection of children. All applicants must undertake a full enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.