- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Holdings
- Category: Accounts
- Salary: £18,000 - £23,000 per annum
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of ‘Best Recruitment and Training Services – Wales’ – Business Excellence Awards 2016
We have an exciting opportunity within our Cardiff Head Office for an Accounts Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for raising sales invoices, bank posting and weekly reporting for the Education Company. The role is numerically challenging, therefore the successful candidate should be adept at problem solving and handling large volumes of complex data with motivation and discipline to work to strict deadlines.
Your responsibilities will include:
You will report directly to the Accounts Manager and be able to confidently respond to SMT financial queries. As a finance administrator, you’ll need to:
- Generate and produce reports from our database (RDB)
- Create and reconcile sales invoices each week
- Analyse departmental weekly profit
- Update profit reports for individual offices, departments and desks
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts including a month end reconciliation for our banking provider
- Liaise with commercial team to check and feedback information
- Office / accounts background preferred.
- AAT or similar preferred, but not essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experienced with the use of accounting and IT systems.
- Highly organised and methodical.
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solver
- City centre location in Cardiff
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to five more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th November 2018