- Location: Cardiff - De Cymru
- Start Date: 28 January 2018
- Duration: 12 month fixed term contract
- Job Type: Full-time, Temporary
- Sector: Holdings
- Category: Administration
- Job Ref: BAAC
- Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of ‘Best Recruitment and Training Services – Wales’ – Business Excellence Awards 2016
We are seeking an ambitious graduate who would like to gain valuable experience as a Business Analyst Assistant. We are a market leader in recruitment who recognises the value of our employees, so if you’re a talented, ambitious individual then this is the right role for you. This role is for a fixed term period of 12 months.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To act as a liaison between the Group HR Director, and all employees and managers to ensure a smooth business process analysis is carried out across the company. This role requires versatility, excellent communication skills and attention to detail. You will require a high level of personal integrity, professionalism and resilience with an ability to work at pace whilst producing accurate results. As a strong performer you will work with little supervision and have some autonomy.
You will be required to document business processes for each department across the company using bespoke software clearly documenting the business rules and behaviour in a clear and precise manner.
- Draw up a schedule outlining departmental visits and timescales for production of data.
- Elicit information from the stakeholders looking at current processes, policies and procedures and consider questions for the stakeholders concerned;
- Observe business users perform their tasks to get first hand insight into company’s operation.
- Determine all systems interfacing the departments
- Interview the stakeholders about with probing open-ended questions and try to figure out what the stakeholder is asking for. Listen to answers and continue to question if not understood.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with the team to look at what is working and what is not or what can be improved via software.
- Prepare process management diagrams to review against individual job descriptions
- Clearly document the business rules and behaviour in a clear and precise manner
- Create, compile and update HRD with weekly status reports
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and internal stakeholder-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations, draw out from business areas what are the areas requiring improvement and why, and challenge constructively through the HRD
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Proactively look for improved process opportunities arising from change
- Deliver all scheduled tasks and activities on time, to agreed standard
- Excellent IT skills – Excel and Word
- Experience of Business Process mapping software is desirable.
- Articulate with excellent communication skills.
- Credibility – consistent, competent and committed.
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly motivated individual who can work autonomously
- Strong organisational skills with a structured approach to delivering tasks
- Degree in an analytical subject, e.g. Business Management, Psychology, Maths, Economics or Sciences
- City centre location in Cardiff
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs
- 25 days holiday
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th January 2019