- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Temporary 12 months
- Job Type: Full-time, Temporary
- Sector: Care & Support
- Category: Administration
- Salary: £17,000 - £20,000
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
We are currently looking for an experienced Administrator to join our successful and close knit team in Cardiff, to cover a 12 month period of maternity leave. This role offers a chance to build on your existing skills in an award winning organisation with great benefits and training opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that appropriate systems are put in place for the effective management of administration.
- Ensure that these systems run effectively and are adhered to by all staff in the department.
- To enter and update information on the database
- Manage confidential information, ensuring protection guidelines are adhered to.
- Process payroll on a weekly basis, chase timesheets and deal with pay queries.
- Manage the invoicing process on a weekly basis.
- Undertake recruitment related administrative duties including, confirmation letters, welcome packs and initial stages of registration
- Take the lead in coordinating Care Coordinators diaries
- Handle telephone enquires in a professional manner, promoting a positive image of ND Care and Support services
Essential Criteria and Skills required:
- Previous experience in an administrative setting; or educated to a degree level with transferable skills
- Numerate and skilled in verbal and written communications.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of both Excel and Word
- Experience or capability of working in a demanding environment
- A good sense of humour and strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Ability to relate to a number of different types of customers, internal and external facing
- Results driven, motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong Team player
- City Centre location in Cardiff
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th April 2018