Care Co-Ordinator – Care and Support
- Location: Cardiff
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £20,000 per annum
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Care & Support
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- Winner of ‘Innovation and Excellence” Award at the Corporate Live Wire Awards 2019
- Winner of ‘Best Professional Services Company’ – The Cardiff Life Awards 2018.
We are looking for an experienced Care Co-ordinator to join our successful Cardiff team on a permanent basis. This role offers a chance to build on your existing skills in an award-winning organisation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work within the policies and procedures of ND Care and Support paying special attention to the policies which promote a safe working environment for all
- Contribute to the overall success of the department by contributing and attending team meetings etc.
- Ensure records are maintained to a high standard and meet compliance needs
- Utilise the brokerage service to maximise business opportunities
- Ensure service delivery plans are established with any associated personal care plans prior to new service delivery
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments are developed and implemented
- Review and spot check any package to ensure compliance to the care standards
- Ensure appropriate inductions are arranged for new services
- Ensure regular contact is maintained with service users and/ or their representatives
- Attend review meetings as and when requested
- Ensure concerns regarding vulnerable adults and children are reported without delay
- Ensure staff receive appropriate management, supervision and appraisal
- Ensure staff have appropriate skills/ training to meet service user needs
- Ensure records are maintained and up-to-date
- Ensure staff follow service delivery plans and risk assessments
- Contribute to the Quality Assurance process by regularly seeking feedback from staff
- Attend networking events increasing own knowledge of the sector and identifying future trends
- Contribute toward the inspection process and local authority monitoring
- Participate in the out-of-hours service on a rota basis.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years previous experience working as a senior care worker, ideally in domiciliary/ home-care and hold a QCF level 3 or equivalent. The individual will ideally live in the local area and own transport is essential. Further skills include:
- Strong organisational skills
- Must be flexible as and when required for this role
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Clear and confident in decision making.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Application for :