Communications Manager, Cardiff
- Location: Cardiff
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Communications & Marketing
New Directions is searching for an experienced Communications Manager who is passionate and driven by delivering and leading intelligent and thought-provoking strategic communication plans to constantly reach and engage with various audiences.
New Directions is a rapidly growing and ambitious company, and when joining us you will immediately have a significant part to play in a new growth and rebrand project for one area of the Group, whilst supporting other businesses driving their communication plans forward.
This is a brand new position for a Communications leader to join a newly-developed, specialist in-house marketing and communications team, and offers a varied scope to make a huge impact at a key time in the businesses growth plans.
New Directions operates a successful digital B2B and B2C business that has a growth plan to both modernise what exists, and to capture the opportunity of growing markets across all businesses within the company. In marketing terms, the plan involves developing the businesses brand and identity, redesigning and writing the websites to drive greater SEO traffic, extending the reach and increasing engagement with customers through interesting, informative, timely comms activity, and continuously developing the customer journey with meaningful touch points. The Communications Manager will play a key role in all of these workstreams across all businesses.
You will join the company at a significant time of change, as one brand is currently undergoing a complete product and service review, and you’re initial priority with New Directions will be to lead, create and deliver the communications plan to attract, engage and retain new and existing customers.
You will collaborate with the existing marketing and communications team [that operates across the whole group], the Senior Digital Marketer, internal UX Designer, developers and project manager [that operate across all digital projects], and the operational teams, and an external PR agency to identify and exploit communication opportunities, and instil a cadence of ongoing performance improvement.
Reporting to the Group Head of Marketing & Communications, you will be an essential part some extremely significant projects and long-term, continuous developments in this exciting journey everyone at New Directions is about to take.
- Working closely with the Group Head of Marketing & Communications, and the specialist in-house marketing team, to create and deliver an effective communications strategy to support all businesses within the group and to help develop and reinforce strategic positioning and influence.
- Working with an external PR agency to develop industry leading PR and commentary for local, regional and national media, professional / trade titles, social media channels, and so on. Reporting and analysing all activity to ensure increased exposure / reach, profile and brand recognition, and engagement.
- Leading on the development and implementation of an integrated social media strategy and delivery plan, and together with our in-house Digital Marketing Exec, delivering dynamic, creative and high-performing digital content across platforms to increase customer engagement, attraction and conversion.
- Working with the in-house UX Designer to provide improved on-line customer experience and clear CTAs to increase customer attraction and retention.
- Managing all websites providing a guardianship of all content with regular updates and reviews.
- Working with colleagues in the Marketing Team to develop and create effective customer attraction, cross-selling and retention campaigns.
- Working with the Head of Marketing and Marketing Manager to review and continuously improve all customer touch points throughout the customer journey.
- Working with the Quality Assurance team to make use of client and candidate feedback and testimonials.
- Supporting the Marketing Team to ensure good copy / content for effective sales materials.
- Key role in helping with preparing copy for tenders and bid presentations.
- Working with the Head of Marketing to create and develop external partnerships across our target media.
- Creating winning entries for local, national and industry awards.
- Developing key relationships with colleagues throughout the company with regular branch and site visits and contributing to marketing / communications development workshops.
- Managing, delivering and continuously improving the approach to internal communications.
- Staying aware of any industry legislation, GDPR and compliance guidelines.
- Redefining and developing editorial and brand guidelines covering all our communications.
- BA/BSc in a related field (marketing, communications or journalism) and/or CIM qualification. Or equivalent relevant working experience.
- Captivating copywriting skills and a true love of writing for different audiences.
- A true passion to communicate and engage with customers across various platforms, and directing / improving their customer journey from start to finish.
- Committed to generating tangible results through strategic communications.
- Absolutely immaculate attention to detail with regards to grammatical accuracy and brand guardianship.
- Has proven creative flair and innovative ideas in content creation.
- Has sound understanding of SEO content strategy.
- Brand content marketing experience.
- WordPress experience desirable.
- Working knowledge of digital analytics packages – ideally Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of UX and digital content best practice.
- Project management skills – ability to run concurrent projects in timely and organised way.
- Confident communicator; comfortable educating and presenting at all levels.
- Team player with a solid work ethic and professionalism.
- B2B and B2C customer acquisition
- Experience of using WordPress