- Location: South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full-time
- Sector: Care & Support
- Category: Care Co-ordinator
- Salary: £18,500 - £21,000 per annum
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of ‘Best Recruitment and Training Services – Wales’ – Business Excellence Awards 2016
We are looking for a Field Care Supervisor to join our highly successful Abertillery Care and Support Team.
Working directly with Complex Care clients, to provide a skilled and sensitive service which provides day-to-day personal assistance and enables the client to maintain independence. Will also supervise and manage the development and performance of Carers both in and out of the field.
The Field Care Supervisor is responsible for all tasks and responsibilities listed, but not limited to the following:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain contact with existing clients, monitoring and reporting on a daily/weekly basis.
- Provide instruction and guidance to schedules regarding the allocation of Carers to template client visits, ensuring continuity of care, taking into account locations, skills required and client preferences.
- Take responsibility for unallocated visits ensuring continuity of care, taking into account locations, skills required and client preferences.
- Take responsibility for new referrals from private clients and social services teams, ensuring full information is received and appropriate care planning is undertaken.
- Ensure that client risk assessments are carried out in a timely manner, thereby eliminating or mitigating against risks to both client and Carer.
- Provide practical provision of care for clients with more complex care needs, including creation and updating of care plans.
- Ensure that any changes to clients’ care plans are actioned upon and recorded in the relevant system.
- Maintain client files, ensuring accurate records are kept.
- Provide both on and off the job support and supervision for Carers, providing guidance, training, shadowing, continuous spot checks, and performance appraisals.
- Ensure regular communication is maintained between self and Care staff, including documenting notes of meetings and conversations on Care Manager, where relevant.
- Deal with complaints, compliments and incidents in a timely and appropriate manner, ensuring they are logged and updated on the complaints file and closed off properly when completed/resolved.
- Work closely with Coordinator/Case Managers for all Complex Care packages, attend reviews/ training.
- Have a positive focused attitude to enable targets to be met and exceeded
- Take pride in promoting our services to new and existing clients over the phone and face to face
- A multi-tasker who is motivated by success and providing the highest levels of service to our clients
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with clients in a fast-paced environment
- Alongside the coordinators, take an active role in setting and maintaining of quality standards and quality monitoring.
- To ensure that staff are following all procedures and policies as laid down in the Staff Guide and agreed by the management team
- Assist the coordinators in auditing the standard of service delivered to clients by conducting spot checks, undertaking client satisfaction questionnaires, attending review meetings and updating care plans as required.
- Ensure Client and Carer files are compliant with external and internal audit requirements.
- Take responsibility for CRT and ensure 100% compliance of all staff working in the community through updating Care Manager.
- Understand, Interpret and apply legislation, contracts and regulation’s, ensuring compliance. Manage the workforce by supervisions and Senior Care Staff.
- Responsibility for the performance of Carers through monitoring and supervision of Carers in the field, Carer supervision meetings and appraisals and relevant training and development.
- In accordance with company policy, assist relevant Manager with Carer disciplinary procedures when necessary.
- Assist with induction and training for new Carers.
- Fire Safety; To maintain a working knowledge of fire procedures, fire risk awareness by attending appropriate fire training events.
- Health and safety; Where you become aware, report any accidents or untoward incidents, involving self, clients, other staff or visitors to a clients home. To strive to maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act by, attending appropriate training events as directed, by immediately reporting any potential risks to self, colleague’s, residents or visitors to a senior member of staff.
- Confidentiality; To maintain the highest standards of confidentiality toward both clients and colleagues.
- ‘Whistleblowing Policy’; To report to the Registered Manager any information that could be considered to affect the welfare of a client, or information that would affect the reputation of the company.
- Effective Communication; Orally communicates clearly and concisely with a wide range of people. Communicates effectively in a written format.
- Learning Orientation; Learns new things quickly and effectively, learns from own mistakes and masters new work processes/products readily. Is open to new ideas and considers pursuing new approaches.
- Customer Relationships; keeps customers up to date and informed. Acts promptly to ensure customer problems are resolved. Makes themselves available to the customer. Interacts well with all customers. Understands that each customer is different. Shows empathy towards customers and delivers what is expected, not what they think the customer wants or needs.
- Working Collaboratively; Works cooperatively with others to get things done. Willingly gives help and support to colleagues and develops good working relationships.
- Results Driven; Understands the team’s objectives and priorities and how their own work fits into these. Plans and organises tasks effectively ensuring they are completed within timescales and to a high level of quality.
- Problem solving; Seeks relevant information and answers to key questions from several sources.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Background in Care work and a good understanding of the social care sector.
- Computer literacy, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, e-mail.
- Excellent understanding of English language both written and spoken
- Experience of managing/supervising people.
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th December 2018