- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full-time
- Sector: Holdings
- Category: Compliance
- Salary: £17,000 - £21,000 per annum
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- Winner of HR Professional of the Year – Wales HR Awards 2018
- Winner of Innovation and Excellence Award – Corporate Live Wire Awards 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Winner of Best Professional Services Company – Cardiff Life Awards 2018
As a Compliance Officer, you are responsible for ensuring that New Directions complies with its outside regulatory requirements and internal policies, providing a steady flow of compliance approved candidates. You will be managed by the Senior Compliance Officer.
Your responsibilities will include:
Compliance and Audit:
- Ensure Compliance maintenance procedures are adhered to, including right to work, DBS checks, Update Service checks, reference checks, accreditation and memberships etc.
- Adhere to guidelines set by any relevant regulatory and advisory bodies (DfE, REC, Welsh Government, Disclosure and Barring Service etc.)
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance with given standards
- Have the responsibility for ensuring the compliance process is followed by Sales Support and all Education staff
- Support in the preparation for external audits by Third Parties
- Complete administrative duties ensuring pre-employment and compliance checks meet legislative and company standards.
- Guide and support the Sales Support staff in relation to any Compliance queries
- Update and administrate various recruitment databases
- Act as DBS countersignatory for the Group; checking ID documentation
- Provide information to external parties in accordance with GDPR
- Safeguard the organisation by conducting risk and suitability assessments on candidate applications, in relation to referencing and DBS information
- Conduct spot checks and liaise with the Designated Child Safeguarding Officer when any safeguarding issues arise
Customer Service and Quality Assurance:
- Initiate, manage and develop positive client relationships
- Develop and offer solution based advise on any compliance issues
- Review customer feedback and implement improvement plans
- Provide solution orientated support to our internal customers
Knowledge and Training:
- With support of the Senior Compliance Officer, develop and deliver training to the Group; for example Safer Recruitment and DBS training
- Keep policies and procedures up to date in line with any changes to company process
- With support of the Senior Compliance Officer, provide training to inductees
- Support in the development of new approaches to registrations, using innovative ideas to reduce candidate turnaround time
- Be available to develop and take on Learning and Development opportunities to increase skillset and progress into more Senior roles
- Must hold excellent transferable skills in compliance or administration
- Communication – Excellent communication skills, verbal and numerate.
- Customer Service – Excellent customer service skills and able to build rapport with different types of people
- Time Management – Sound time management skills, is pro-active with managing workload in order to meet deadlines
- Results driven – Strives for excellent results and high-quality standards
- IT literate – Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to identify opportunities
- Excellent eye for detail, observant and astute
- Team Player – Personable, supportive, friendly and approachable
- City centre location
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th December 2018