- Location: Cardiff - De Cymru
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full-time, Temporary
- Sector: Holdings
- Category: Compliance
- Job Ref: CO
- Salary: £16,500 - £19,000 per annum
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of ‘Best Recruitment and Training Services – Wales’ – Business Excellence Awards 2016
New Directions Holdings is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Compliance Officer, to cover a 12 month period of Maternity leave.
If you feel you have the skills required, are up for a challenge and desire an exciting new opportunity please apply!
Purpose of Role:
As a Compliance Officer, you are responsible for ensuring that New Directions complies with its outside regulatory requirements and internal policies, providing a steady flow of compliance approved candidates.
The remit of your role will depend on the sector within the organisation. As a compliance professional, you’ll need to:
- Have sound knowledge of Compliance requirements for given sector of recruitment
- Check and understand all eligibility and ID documentation, professional qualifications/memberships etc. Chase and obtain references, DBS information and documentation
- Safeguards the organisation by conducting risk and suitability assessments on candidate applications
- Develop and offer solution based advised on any compliance issues
- Have the responsibility for ensuring the compliance process is followed for given sector
- Adhere to guidelines set by any relevant regulatory bodies
- Build positive relationship with all clients
- Work to the compliance team’s professional standards on any ad hoc projects that require support or co-ordination
- Confidentiality – Manages confidential information, ensuring protection guidelines are adhered to
- Detail orientated – Excellent eye for detail and ability to conduct thorough audits
- Professional – Represents & promotes New Directions in a professional manner. Promotes and maintains the company values: Respect, Innovation, Integrity, Community and Quality
- Process driven – Works within the policies and procedures of New Directions, promoting a safe working environment for all staff and visitors
- Tough minded – Ability to work in a demanding environment, and has the ability to work alone and work part of a team
- Communication – Excellent communication skills, verbal and numerate. Has the ability to adapt style to meet audience
- Customer Service – Excellent customer service skills and able to build rapport with different types of people
- Time Management – Sound time management skills, is pro-active with managing workload in order to meet deadlines
- Results driven – Strives for excellent results and high quality standards
- IT literate – Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have proven administrative skills.
- Administration qualification preferred, e.g. NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration
- City centre location
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business
“I admire Compliance’s professional and organised manner” – quote from 2015 Employee Survey
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd January 2018