- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: June 2018
- Duration: 12 months Maternity cover
- Job Type: Full-time, Temporary
- Sector: Holdings
- Category: Accounts
- Salary: £28,000 to £40,000 per annum
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of ‘Best Recruitment and Training Services – Wales’ – Business Excellence Awards 2016
We are currently looking for an experienced fixed term Contract Accountant to join our successful and close knit team, for a period of 12 months.
The post holder will take full overall responsibility for the day to day running of the group’s accounting function, assisting the group’s Board of Directors and senior management team with the further implementation of strong financial systems and structure, and driving commercial awareness throughout the group.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaise and work closely with the CFO to ensure that all deadlines requiring input from the SMT are met.
- Work in conjunction with Financial Accountant and Accounts Manager to provide timely and accurate information.
- Provide support, service and advise in all Accounts matters to the company’s management.
- Project work, ad hoc reconciliations and analysis as required.
- Cover for team members in their absence.
- Maximise the efficiencies available from accounting software.
- Ensure general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, and other financial records and schedules are accurately maintained.
- Any other ad hoc duties requested by the Senior Management
Essential Criteria and Skills required:
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Experience in Financial Controller role or equivalent
- Significant financial and accounting experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to spot and understand variances – analytically minded
- Has the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proactive rather than reactive attitude to problem solving.
- Sceptical attitude towards figures and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and to deadlines, independently and within a team environment
- Rapid uptake of new processes.
- City centre location in Cardiff
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 18th June 2018