Credit Control Manager, Cardiff
- Location: Cardiff
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Accounts & Finance
The Credit Control Manager will oversee and manage the day to day running of several companies within the Group, ensuring full compliance with key stakeholder expectations and contractual standards.
To oversee a team of Credit Controllers ensuring processes and procedures are adhered to and all relevant training and support has been provided where necessary.
The Credit Control Department is responsible for collecting our investment in accounts receivable, taking no unwarranted risks & with payments due within the terms agreed
- Leading their team to deliver a comprehensive service to the business.
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with the ISO guidelines.
- Producing regular, timely and accurate management reports for management.
- Takes overall responsibility for the accounting impact of credit control issues, processes and any changes required with how this fits in to credit control reporting and overall performance reporting across the businesses.
- Recruitment and Selection – Enjoys low staff turnover and investigates where this is an issue by putting in procedures and processes to address such issues.
- Regular Ledger Reviews with Credit Controllers.
- Performance Management – provides coaching for staff to meet the needs of the business.
- Knowledge of methods and practices of software testing and implementation.
- Takes full responsibility, and is accountable for, the implementation and control of established and new accounting procedures.
- Work closely with Internal and external stakeholders.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary – £30-35k
- Health shield Cash Back – Level 2
- Birthday day off
- Hybrid, agile working
- 28 days annual leave
- Christmas Saving scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 after successful probation
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar) with post qualification experience.
- Experience of working in a managerial capacity within the finance sector in a previous role.
- Experience of implementing changes to IT systems. Experience with Access Dimensions, RDB, StaffPlan is desirable.
- Advanced excel skills – essential
- Ability to recognise potential risks to the Company and escalate these accordingly
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Assists internal and external auditors during audit process by providing documents, reports and other Credit Control related reports upon request.
- Perform duties of a Credit Control Specialist as necessary