- Location: South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full-time
- Sector: Holdings
- Salary: £17,500 to £21,500 per annum
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of ‘Best Recruitment and Training Services – Wales’ – Business Excellence Awards 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Credit Controller in our Cardiff office. Working as part of a fantastic team, the successful candidate will be responsible for maximising cash flow and reducing the risk of bad debt by ensuring the Companies’ terms are adhered to.
Summary of responsibilities
- Minimising bad debts and keeping debtor days within a pre agreed limit.
- Responsible for a large ledger as part of the Credit Control team
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
- Processing credit notes and invoices.
- Liaising with the individual departments to resolve invoice queries.
- Resolution of unpaid invoice queries without the need for legal action.
- Identifying control weaknesses/improvements and bringing them to your line manager’s attention.
- Highly numerate Credit Controller
- Excellent Excel and IT skills.
- Experience in reconciling complex accounts preferred.
- Experience in Pegasus Opera preferred, or capability to learn new systems quickly.
- Experience in credit control including cash allocation preferred.
- Preferably educated to degree level.
- City centre location
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs.
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest.
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business.
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltdfor more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th April 2018