Credit Controller, Cardiff
- Location: Cardiff
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £19,000 - £21,500
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Accounts & Finance
Full time (35 hours per week)
£19,000 to £21,500 per annum
Are you a confident, organised self-starter who is a whizz on Excel and able to handle a varied caseload of accounts? We require a strong credit control professional to join our Finance department to take on responsibility for a specific remit in line with one of the many commercial sectors we operate within.
As a Credit Controller, you are responsible for ensuring the adequate and timely collection of cash, ensuring all targets are met and processes adhered to. You will act as the go-to person between our Account Managers and clients ensuring the timely processing of invoicing and payments to ensure sufficient cashflow for your sector.
Your main duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for specific client accounts as part of the Credit Control team
- Managing and reconciling large complex accounts
- Defining processes for self-bill accounts and ensuring correct implementation by liaising with both clients and internal commercial departments
- Minimising bad debts and keeping debtor days within a pre-agreed limit
- Chasing overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales
- Responding promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries to ensure that all queries are expediently and effectively closed thereby removing any payment obstacles
- Maintaining a positive professional relationship with Clients, Account Managers and Consultants
In return for your services, you will receive:
- A basic salary of £19,000 to £21,500 per year
- Health cash back scheme, Employee Assistance programme and much more!
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (and if you stay with us for two years that will rise to 27 days) plus if you value your leave, we will give you the opportunity to buy up to 5 more holidays. Also have your birthday off on us!
- Opportunity to join our 3% interest Christmas savings scheme
The ideal candidate will have:
- Credit control experience
- The ability to manage & prioritise an extensive caseload
- An understanding of the core requirement to build effective relationships with both internal staff and external customers
- A high standard of numeracy, accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office with excellent Excel skills