- Location: Cardiff - De Cymru
- Start Date: July 2017
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Sector: Holdings
- Category: Accounts
- Job Ref: CCC
- Salary: £17,500 - £20,000
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of ‘Best Recruitment and Training Services – Wales’ – Business Excellence Awards 2016
Overall Job Objective:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Credit Controller in our Cardiff office. Working as part of a fantastic team, the successful candidate will be responsible for maximising cash flow and reducing the risk of bad debt by ensuring the Companies’ terms are adhered to.
Summary of responsibilities
- Minimising bad debts and keeping debtor days within a pre agreed limit.
- Chasing debts by contacting clients by telephone, email and letter.
- Maximising cash flow by forecasting accurate collections on a weekly basis.
- Processing credit notes and invoices.
- Posting and allocating remittances.
- Maintaining client accounts by updating information on client’s records.
- Liaising with the individual departments in order to resolve invoice queries.
- Resolution of unpaid invoice queries without the need for legal action.
- Prepare overdue account data to forward onto the debt collectors.
- Identifying control weaknesses/improvements and bringing them to your line manager’s attention.
- Highly numerate.
- Experience in credit control including cash allocation preferred.
- Experience in Pegasus Opera preferred, or capability to learn new systems quickly.
- Experience in reconciling complex accounts preferred.
- Excellent Excel and IT skills.
- Preferably educated to degree level.
- City centre location
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs.
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest.
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business.
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th July 2017