Executive Personal Assistant, Cardiff
- Location: Cardiff
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Operations & Administration
New Directions has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Executive Personal Assistant. The permanent position is suited to a highly organised individual who can seize the initiative and provide first-class support to the Senior Management Team.
About New Directions
New Directions is an award-winning group of companies. Collectively, the group provides specialist recruitment and training support within education, pharmacy, and social care, delivers specialist domiciliary care to individuals and their families, and offers online vetting checks to organisations across the UK through Checks Direct.
Based at the Cardiff HQ, you will have a flair for quick-thinking and be an excellent communicator with the ability to manage a network of internal and external relationships. You will be a skilled multitasker and calm under pressure, enabling the Senior Management Team to work efficiently and effectively.
About the role
You will provide comprehensive secretarial, administrative, business support and office duties of the Senior Management Team. You will enable the Senior Management Team to maximise their bandwidth and progress their priorities to ensure they achieve optimum performance.
Duties to support the Senior Management Team
- Maintain and coordinate the diary and daily schedule whilst proactively identify any changes required.
- Planning, organising, and managing all aspects of travel and accommodation.
- Arrange meetings including logistics and documentation.
- Track outstanding actions and information requests, and chase responses and updates.
- Deputise where necessary.
- Attend all relevant meetings and events, taking actions and providing updates to Senior Management.
- Assist in the implementation of new business processes, policies, and procedures.
- Draft and produce letters, spread sheets, reports, presentations, speeches, and communication.
- Liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and personal contacts.
- Screen telephone calls, handle enquiries and incoming communication when relevant.
- Act as company secretary in maintaining of statutory and company related documentation.
- Travel with the Senior Management Team to exhibitions/meetings to provide general assistance.
- Organise and maintain the filing systems (business and personal matters).
- Coordinate and manage projects, providing status updates to Senior Management.
- Research and Ad Hoc administrative tasks.
- Collate and analyse data and report accordingly.
- Processing expenses in a timely manner.
- Assist with personal matters with the upmost confidentiality.
Essential skills and requirements
- Experience in a similar role, assisting at a high-pressure executive level.
- Strong attention to detail, including grammar, spelling, writing and proof-reading ability.
- Strong administrative skills and digitally literate.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Good communication skills to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Flexibility to travel when necessary.
- Excellent budget management.
- Understanding of the needs of in-demand individuals.