Community Field Care Supervisor,
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £18,500
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Care & Support
We are looking for a new Field Care Supervisor to join the team in our Cardiff branch at ND Care & Support. You will become part of a growing team of care professionals that co-ordinate a variety of domiciliary care services across Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan, Caerphilly and Newport.
These roles will involve working with the Care Co-ordinators in your assigned area to service care packages ensuring that the needs of our service users are at the centre of everything we do.
As a Field Care Supervisor, you will supervise and manage the development and performance of our Care Workers both in and out of the field to ensure they are delivering the best quality care for our service users to the highest standards.
The assigned areas for this role is Caerphilly and Newport, however you will be based at the Cardiff branch for office duties.
Your main duties will include:
- Maintaining contact with existing clients, monitoring and reporting on a daily / weekly basis.
- Providing instruction and guidance to Schedulers regarding the allocation of Carers to template client visits, ensuring continuity of care, taking into account locations, skills required and client preferences
- Taking responsibility for new referrals from private clients and social services teams, ensuring full information is received and appropriate care planning is undertaken
- Ensuring that client risk assessments are carried out in a timely manner, thereby eliminating or mitigating against risks to both client and Carer
- Providing practical provision of care for clients with more complex care needs, including creation and updating of care plans
- Providing both on and off the job support and supervision for Carers, providing guidance, training, shadowing, continuous spot checks, and performance appraisals
- Taking part in the out of hours and on-call rota as and when required
As a thank you for your dedication and hard work for us you will receive:
- A basic salary of £18,500 per year
- Health cash back scheme and access to an Employee Assistance programme and much more!
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (and if you stay with us for two years that will rise to 27 days) plus if you value your leave, we will give you the opportunity to buy up to 5 more holidays. Also have your birthday off on us!
- Opportunity to join our 3% interest Christmas savings scheme
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Background in care work and a good understanding of the social care sector
- Computer literacy, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, e-mail
- Excellent understanding of English language both written and spoken
- Experience of managing / supervising people
- A full UK driving licence