Finance Assistant, Cardiff
- Location: Cardiff
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £19,000 - £24,000
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Accounts & Finance
Purpose of Role:
As a Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the finance team in maintaining accurate accounting records. Working closely within a team, you will ensure accurate data processing and timely reporting.
The remit of your role will depend on the sector within the organisation. As a Finance Assistant, you’ll need to:
- Assist with all areas within our accounts team including preparation of sales invoices, bank reconciliations, generating and posting journals, calculations of prepayments and accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of fixed asset register, Weekly performance analysis, maintaining purchase ledger and costing analysis
- Assist with internal and external departmental queries
- Assist with month-end procedures
- Identify control weaknesses/improvements and bring them to the management’s attention
- Accounts experience desirable
- IT literate – Good working knowledge and application of Microsoft Office with excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to manage & prioritise tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills. Understands the core requirement to build effective relationships with both internal staff and external customers.
- Strong organisational & time management skills – pro-active with managing workload to meet deadlines
- High standard of numeracy, and accuracy with excellent attention to detail.
- A team player with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn.
- Enthusiastic and positive in approach.
- Drives the company values through their attitude and behaviour to ensure effective working relations with clients and colleagues alike.