- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full-time
- Sector: Holdings
- Category: Administration
- Salary: £18,000 - £20,500 per annum
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of ‘Best Recruitment and Training Services – Wales’ – Business Excellence Awards 2016
We are currently looking for a Group Operations Administrator to join our head office in the centre of Cardiff. The main function of this role is to deliver a range of high quality, customer focused services that positively enhance the working environment and support all departments centrally e.g. facilities, property maintenance, reception and switchboard mail, security, fleet management and administrative support.
We are currently looking for a Group Operations Assistant to join our head office in the centre of Cardiff. The main function of this role is to deliver a range of high quality, customer focused services that positively enhance the working environment and support all departments centrally e.g. facilities, property maintenance, reception and switchboard mail, security and administrative support.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To provide operational support to the whole Company via the Group Operations Helpdesk.
- Co-ordinating and implementing all risk assessments to support our Health & Safety compliance (training given).
- To maintain office security, key holder and alarm systems records.
- To deliver a monthly or ad-hoc Group Operations Inductions for new starters.
- Responsible for managing and administering petty cash.
- Co-ordinating all equipment, stationery and printing supplies etc. as directed by colleagues within our procurement process.
- Support the Group Operations Manager to manage all premises and facilities, and be a point of contact for contractors.
- To service all events in the Harlech Suite and the second-floor meeting rooms as directed by the Group Operations Manager.
- Support the Education Senior Management Team (ESMT) with the preparation for meetings and taking of minutes when required.
- Assist the Group Director of Business Development when required to support a colleagues’ annual leave.
- Assist with covering Reception and reception duties when required to support colleagues’ annual leave.
- Supporting the SMT and other Managers with ad hoc duties as directed by the Group Operations Manager.
Essential Criteria and Skills required:
- Positive and helpful attitude; pleasant, polite, patient and trustworthy.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and acts with honesty and integrity.
- Demonstrates commitment to proactivity, increased efficiency and operational excellence.
- Good team player.
- Efficient use of Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- High proficiency level in English to enable accuracy and quality of minutes.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Strong transferable skills to work across multiple departments.
- Ability to adapt communication style to meet your audience.
- Experience in challenging non-compliance/failure to meet deadlines from others.
- City centre location in Cardiff.
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs.
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest.
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th October 2018