- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Part-time
- Sector: Holdings
- Category: Administration
- Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 pro rata
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of ‘Best Recruitment and Training Services – Wales’ – Business Excellence Awards 2017
- Winner of ‘Innovation and Excellence’ Award at the Corporate Live Wire Awards 2018
- Winner of ‘Best Professional Services Company’ at The Cardiff Life Awards 2018
We are currently looking for a Group Operations Administrator to join our head office in the centre of Cardiff. The main function of this role is to deliver a range of high quality, customer focused services that positively enhance the working environment and support all departments centrally e.g. facilities, property maintenance, reception and switchboard mail, security, fleet management and administrative support.
Summary of responsibilities:
The Group Operations Assistant will have responsibility to assist the Group Operations Manager with all administrative functions within the Company.
- To provide operational support to the whole Company via the Group Operations Helpdesk
- Co-ordinating and implementing all risk assessments to support our Health & Safety compliance (training given).
- Monitoring and maintaining office security, key holder records and alarm systems
- Responsibility for all aspects of the fleet using our Movolytics Fleet Management system, including reporting, insurance claims, MID up-date, monitoring, chasing and filing outstanding driving licences
- Co-ordinating all equipment, stationery and printing supplies etc. as directed by colleagues within our procurement process
- Support the Group Operations Manager to manage all premises and facilities, and be a point of contact for contractors
- Supporting the SMT, GLST and other Managers with ad hoc duties as directed by the Group Operations Manager
- Support the Education Senior Management Team (ESMT) with the preparation for meetings and taking of minutes when required
- To service all events in the Harlech Suite and the second-floor meeting rooms as directed by the Group Operations Manager
- Assist with covering Reception and reception duties when required to support colleagues’ annual leave
- Delivering monthly or ad hoc Group Operation Inductions
- Responsible for managing and administering petty cash
- Assisting in the preparation of the Company Conference
- Strong Microsoft Office & Excel skills
- High proficiency level in English and Maths to enable accuracy and quality of reporting
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with large amounts of data to deliver analysis/reports accurately and on time
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to work at pace
- Strong transferable skills to work across multiple departments
- Ability to adapt communication style to meet your audience
- Experience in taking and preparing minutes from meetings
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 12th April 2019