- Location: Cardiff - De Cymru
- Start Date: May 2019
- Duration: Permanent role
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Category: IT
- Job Ref: ITAC
- Salary: £10,000 per annum
Salary: £10,000 per annum year 1 (exceeds the apprentice minimum wage). £16,000 year 2 subject to successful completion of first year.
Are you looking to pursue a career in IT? Are you looking for a role in a supportive company and an award winning team?
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- Winner of HR Professional of the Year – Wales HR Awards 2018
- Winner of Innovation and Excellence Award – Corporate LiveWire Awards 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Winner of Best Professional Services Company – Cardiff Life Awards 2018
We are looking for an IT apprentice to assist the IT team in the provision of User Support, the administration and development of the IT network to ensure smooth and continuous delivery of core IT services to the company.
The successful candidate will study for an IT qualification as part of the apprenticeship.
- To provide first line software and hardware support, including telephone (“Help Desk”) support to users in the company offices.
- Setup new users on all systems
- To install and configure all IT hardware at multiple sites
- Support & administer Swyx phone system and related devices
- To perform routine tasks essential for the smooth running and the availability of IT Services:
- To Troubleshoot Network Problems across infrastructure
- To manage anti-virus, anti-spam, webfiltering and e-mail archiving
- To invoke external maintenance when necessary.
- To provide support for the various IT applications and “bespoke software”
- Works well as part of a team and under supervision.
- Demonstrable interest in IT e.g. GCSE IT at grade 4(B) or above, AS or A Level IT or an equivalent qualification
- A logical and analytical mind with confidence and good organisation skills.
- The ability to prioritise work and manage tasks
- Must be creative and flexible.
- Comfortable at establishing quality relationships with all service users and delivering within specified KPIs
Statement of equal opportunities
The Company is committed to being a successful, caring and welcoming place for all employees. We want to create a supportive and inclusive environment where our employees can reach their full potential, without prejudice and discrimination. We are committed to a culture where respect and understanding is fostered and the diversity of people’s backgrounds and circumstances will be positively valued. Please do not hesitate to inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to make this experience the best it can be for you.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th April 2019