- Location: Wirral - North West England
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full-time
- Sector: Education
- Category: Recruitment Consultant
- Salary: £23,500 - £29,500 per annum
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of ‘HR Professional of the Year’ – Wales HR Awards 2018
- Winner of ‘Innovation and Excellence’ Award at the Corporate Live Wire Awards 2018
- Winner of the ‘Best Professional Services Company’ at The Cardiff Life Awards 2018
To provide a quality educational staff supply service, to all schools and education supply workers in the allotted area of responsibility, in a manner that enhances the reputation of the company and leads to business growth from satisfied customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To recruit, vet and maintain effective working relationships with all candidates available for supply work within the designated area of responsibility.
- Contact all User and Lapsed User clients within set time-scales. Visit a minimum set number of schools per week as agreed with your Manager in line with the Branch Strategy and to incorporate dedicated days out on pre-arranged calls.
- To provide these teachers/educational staff with a professional agency supply service, finding them the supply work that they desire whilst treating them with respect and being open and honest with them at all times.
- To increase the pool of available candidates by ensuring their preference is to work through New Directions Education Ltd rather than other agencies and by earning their desire to recommend New Directions Education Ltd’s services to their friends and acquaintances.
- To increase the pool of available candidates through contributing to branch recruitment tactics and by providing an impressive and rapid recruitment service when an application is received, getting the applicant out working for New Directions Education Ltd as fast as possible whilst adhering to New Directions Education Ltd critical compliance rules.
- To establish, maintain and develop relationships with schools (all relevant staff of) in your area, who have a demand for educational supply staff.
- Organise and attend Cluster Meetings so that Head teachers will allow New Directions Education Ltd to fully promote all areas of our services with user and non-user schools present.
- To provide these schools with an efficient and professional supply service based upon respect, complete honesty and total commitment.
- To develop relationships in all using schools with the full range of staff who might benefit from our services: The person in ‘charge of supply’, the head-teacher, the SENCO and staff responsible for filling vacancies (heads of departments / deputy heads/Business managers).
- To secure additional school relationships through making suitable contact, at a suitable time, in a suitable way, with a suitable offering, thus finding additional work opportunities for your registered supply staff.
- Monitor and liaise with Senior Account Managers or Manager regarding reports affecting own geographical areas.
- Ensure appropriate candidates are put on the ‘Contract of Employment’ as required under the AWR.
- To secure regular emergency and long-term bookings from customer schools and ability match these bookings with the most suitable supply staff available in a professional and (sometimes critically) very rapid manner.
- To protect your valuable supply staff availability by ensuring that you fill their diaries with suitable work through actively selling them in advance.
- Once allocated to host a hospitality event, ensure that places are offered to as many different clients as possible and not the same individuals each time.
- Manage telephone activity in accordance with incoming and outgoing call levels as outlined by Branch Manager.
- In busy periods, assist other account managers to fill bookings.
Must have at least 1-year recruitment or sales experience, a full driving license and a proven background demonstrating ability to win new business and maintain relationships. Other specifications include:
- Positive attitude
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well on own or part of a team
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th December 2018