Recruitment Consultant – Education
- Location: Wrexham
- Duration: 31 May 2019
- Salary: £21,500 - £26,000 per annum
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Sales & Account Management
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- Winner of ‘Innovation and Excellence” Award at the Corporate Live Wire Awards 2019
- Winner of ‘Best Professional Services Company’ – The Cardiff Life Awards 2018.
Two exciting opportunities have arisen in New Directions Education for Recruitment Consultants to join our Wexham Office on a permanent basis, either part time, full time or on a full time fixed term basis as maternity cover. You will be providing quality educational staff supply service to all schools and education supply workers in a manner that enhances the reputation of the company and leads the business growth from satisfied customers.
- To recruit, vet and maintain effective working relationships with all candidates available for supply work within your designated area of responsibility
- Contact all Live, Lapsed and non-using clients within set time-scales. Visit a minimum set number of schools per week as agreed with your Manager in line with the Branch Strategy and to incorporate dedicated days out on pre-arranged calls
- To provide those teachers/educational personnel with a professional agency supply service, finding them the supply work that they desire whilst treating them with respect and being open and honest with them at all times
- To increase your pool of available candidates through contributing to branch recruitment tactics and by providing an impressive and extremely rapid recruitment service when an application is received, getting the applicant out working for New Directions Education Ltd as fast as possible, whilst adhering to New Directions Education Ltd critical compliance rules
- To establish, maintain and develop relationships with schools (all relevant staff of) in your area who have a demand for educational supply staff
- Organise and attend Cluster Meetings so that Head teachers will allow ND Education to fully promote all areas of our services with user and non-user schools present
- To provide those schools with an efficient and professional supply service based upon respect, complete honesty and total commitment
- To develop relationships in all using-schools with the full range of staff who might benefit from our services: The person in ‘charge of supply’; the head-teacher; the SENCO; and staffresponsible for filling vacancies (heads of departments / deputy heads)
- To secure additional school relationships through making suitable contact, at a suitable time, in a suitable way, with a suitable offering, thus finding additional work opportunities for your registered supply staff
- Monitor and liaise with Senior Recruitment Consultants or Managers regarding reports affecting own geographical areas
- Ensure appropriate candidates are put on the ‘Contract of Employment’ as required under the AWR and to ensure they benefit from TSS where applicable
- To secure regular emergency and long-term bookings from customer schools and match those bookings with the most suitable supply staff available in a professional and (sometimes critically) very rapid manner
- To protect your valuable supply staff availability by ensuring that you fill their diaries with suitable work through actively selling them in advance
- Once allocated to host a hospitality event, ensure that places are offered to as many different clients as possible without inviting the same individuals
- Manage Telephone Activity in accordance with incoming and outgoing call levels as outlined by Branch Manager
- In busy periods, assist other account managers to fill bookings.
Must have at least one year of recruitment or sales experience and a proven background demonstrating ability to win new business and maintain relationships. Other specifications include:
- Positive attitude
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for dental and optical costs and more
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’s service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more holiday days each year
- The opportunity to pay into a Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer-a-friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted, you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role, we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Application for :