- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Sector: Care & Support
- Category: Care Co-ordinator
- Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of ‘Best Recruitment and Training Services – Wales’ – Business Excellence Awards 2016
We are currently looking for an experienced Service Lead/Senior Care Coordinator to join our successful and close knit team. This role offers a chance to build on your existing skills in an award winning organisation with great benefits and training opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare weekly plan to allocate carers to each (hourly/several hours’ session) care visit for our customers on Staff Plan. (Home Care ONLY)
- Implementation of a rotating shift planner (care/support rostering system).
- Make changes to schedules as required.
- Answer the telephone in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ensure compliance is met within the office to meet CIW standards and organisations policies and procedures.
- Manage the on-call rostering system.
- Contribute to the on-call system on a rotational basis.
- Assist and support the Registered Manager.
- Ensure everyone in the team is trained and competent.
- Undertake client care reviews and spot checks.
- Conducting supervisions and appraisals.
- Experience of allocating 30+ carers to clients’ visits in a domiciliary care setting using a rotating rostering and planning system such as People planner/ Staff plan/CMS2000. (Home Care ONLY)
- An empathetic, motivating, caring and supportive nature.
- Organisational skills.
- At least two years’ experience of working in domiciliary care as a Care Co-ordinator/Team Manager.
- A Health and Social Care qualification (NVQ/QCF level 5).
- You are a people person with good communication skills.
- The ability to communicate with a range of individuals including health and social care professionals.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure.
- A full clean driving license.
- You live locally and are familiar with Cardiff and the surrounding area.
- City centre location in Cardiff
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th October 2018