- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Sector: Professional
- Category: Account Manager
- Salary: £21,000 - £22,000 per annum
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP ‘Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of ‘Best Recruitment and Training Services – Wales’ – Business Excellence Awards 2016
We are looking to recruit a Trainee Account Manager for the Pharmacy department at New Directions. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing current business levels within assigned geographical regions, by establishing strong relationships with both clients and candidates.
The Pharmacy department supply locum and permanent staff to large national companies, small chains and independent pharmacies throughout the UK. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will work with a knowledgeable, experienced and self-motivated team which is driven to provide a first-class service to both clients and candidates alike. As Trainee Account Manager, you will support all Pharmacy clients within your regions by providing suitable Pharmacists to assist with their staffing needs. You will be provided with a comprehensive database of locum Pharmacists with which to fill your clients’ locum cover needs and maximise productivity within your designated regions.
After 12 months, if you have demonstrated the ability to meet all the requirements above and have consistently met and exceeded your weekly financial targets, you will be automatically promoted to Account Manager. You will access the team commission structure following successful completion of the six-month probation period.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and increasing current business levels within designated regions
- Building positive working relationships with all client contacts within your regions to ensure maximum productivity
- Establishing strong relationships with your candidates, ensuring you are their preferred supplier for locum and/or permanent work
- Achieve and exceed daily and weekly financial targets set by Head of Pharmacy which will contribute to the overall productivity of the department
- Meet daily outgoing call targets
- With the support of the Head of Pharmacy, you will consistently look at ways to increase your pool of candidates and in turn, your financial productivity
- To ensure all client staffing requests are communicated to candidates immediately using relevant regional mailers
- Assist team to ensure all emergency on the day bookings are communicated using mailers
- To contact all new candidates as soon as they are fully compliant
- Provide an out of hours on call service. This is run on a weekly rotational basis and is shared between Account Managers
- Promote candidates use of the on-line availability tool on our website
- To work within our stringent Compliance processes
- Provide reports to clients and candidates as and when requested
- Contact with clients and candidates will predominantly be via email and telephone. The ability to conduct this in a highly professional manner is paramount.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Self-motivated with a drive to succeed
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a good team player; always willing to assist colleagues with filling bookings in all corners of the UK for the good of the department as a whole
- Assertive and pro-active attitude
- Able to deal with an ever-changing work-load and can prioritise tasks easily
- Takes initiative and is a quick learner
- City centre location in Cardiff
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to five more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.
Please contact New Directions Holdings Ltd for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th November 2018