A common misconception about interviews is that the person who is being interviewed for the job is the only one being interviewed, however this is also your chance to find out whether they are the right fit for you and whether they are a company you want to work for, it’s a two way process.
You want to find out whether the company you want to work for shares the same values as you and their culture fits with you, this will ensure you are happier in during your time at work.
Here are some questions you should ask…
- How many employees work for the company?
- Are their plans to expand the company?
- What is the internal culture of the company like?
- What do you like about working for this company?
- Is this a new role? If someone has left the role, have they given a reason why?
- What would my day to day responsibilities be in this role?
- Does the company offer any training/development opportunities?
- What is the typical career path for employees in this company?
- What are the company benefits?
- Are there car parking facilities for staff?
- How many other candidates have you interviewed for this role?
- What are the next steps in the interview process?
My final tip for the interview process…and this may sound a little odd – is enjoy it! This is the one opportunity you have to sell the thing you know most about in the world – you. The interview is your stage and you are the main act, embrace it.