- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Duration: 12 month maternity contract
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Legal
- Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 pa
Our Client, a leading Solicitors in Newport are recruit an experienced Assistant Solicitor, to support the Practice in the provision of legal services by providing legal advice and assistance to clients.
The role is full time covering 12 months maternity.
- To manage an agreed caseload of clients, providing appropriate advice and assistance in accordance with professional standards and Quality Mark requirements.
- To prepare briefs to Counsel, collating relevant information in readiness for court hearings.
- To represent clients at Court Hearings in a competent and effective manner.
- To process cases on a timely and cost effective basis and in accordance with Quality Mark requirements.
- To ensure that billing takes place promptly and that outstanding balances are collected as soon as feasible
- To use the correct Practice procedures and systems in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm’s standards and Quality Mark requirements.
- To improve and enhance the firm’s client base by effective liaison with existing clients and introducing clients to other fee earners as appropriate
- To maximize the firm’s potential to cross – sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility for organising own activities to ensure that all targets and quality standards are met.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances
- Good time management adopting a flexible approach to work
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies
Working with People
Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and acts as a role model for the values of the Firm.
- Operates effectively as part of a team encouraging others to contribute ideas and seek improvements
- Coaches and supports individuals to improve performance
- Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure company success
- Understands the importance of business targets and how they impact on their responsibilities
- Considers the cost and profit implications of their proposals and decisions
- Makes sound commercial judgments based on issues key to the success of the business
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action
- Checks that information is accurate and complete
- Seeks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods
- Able to express themselves both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
- Good client handling skills both by telephone and face to face.
- Relevant degree or equivalent and post graduate qualification(s).
- Qualified Solicitor
- Recent practical experience of working in the legal profession
- Proven track record in client case management and fee earning
- Recent experience of handling client enquiries both face to face and by telephone.
- Recent experience of Legal Service Franchising requirements
- Working knowledge of computers and software with good keyboard skills.
- Accredited Police Station representative
- Can demonstrate a commitment to their own personal development
Please contact New Directions Commercialfor more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2082 7572, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 18th October 2017