Building Services Technician (Mechanical Bias),
- Salary: £49347 per annum
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Temporary
Job Role: Multi-Skilled Building Services Technician (Mechanical Bias)
Location: Kensington, London
Hours: Rotating shifts to include days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
NEW DIRECTIONS are recruiting on behalf of one of London’s iconic venues. They are seeking an experienced Multi-Skilled Building Services Technician, with a strong mechanical maintenance background to support the historic building. Working as Duty Building Services Technician whilst on roster to ensure all M&E services are functioning and to provide any building facility services for the successful events. To undertake day-to-day monitoring, maintenance, and small mechanical works projects to a high-level quality of craftsmanship, and work throughout the building with a flexible and adaptable approach.
Key tasks and responsibilities: –
- Carry out daily plant room checks whilst helping to maintain the company’s electrical services and support the maintenance of mechanical plant services.
- To ensure all life safety of all electrical installations are maintained and kept in good working order, i.e., PA system, fire alarm, secondary lighting; and to carry out first-line response/repairs to these systems.
- To ensure that all mandatory, systems, plant and lighting checks are carried out and maintained to ensure uninterrupted service and prepare the building for opening to the public and our Licensing obligations. Check the Building Maintenance System (BMS) – Trend 963 and ensure that any malfunction or issues of concern are noted and acted upon and reported to senior colleagues as required.
- Keep check that all domestic services to the building, including the use of equipment and systems with water, electrics and gas are in a good working order and that repairs or improvements are undertaken promptly to ensure uninterrupted services to our staff and customers.
- To carry out any pipe work installations and repairs as requested ensuring that all work complies with current regulations.
- To carry out basic maintenance, working with your BST colleagues and liaising with external lift contractors when required.
Required qualifications/ skills
- Qualification in Mechanical Maintenance and service preferred (BTEC/HNC or City & Guilds Craft certificate or equivalent)
- Hold a City and Guilds electrical qualification (or equivalent) – level 2 or above (preferred but not essential)
- 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations (preferred but not essential as training can be provided)
- City & Guilds 2391 (preferred but not essential as training can be provided)
- HVAC experience would be an advantage
- Good technical knowledge as well as the ability to multi-task
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload to deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative
- Ability to work from instruction and make decisions as needed with minimal supervision.
- Friendly and approachable nature with great communication skills (including written)
- Great attention to detail with excellent time management skills
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.