Commercial Manager, Swansea
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: £65000 - 70000 per annum
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Management
Permanent: Circa £65,000 plus Car Allowance (depending on qualifications and experience)
Are you a hands-on Commercial Manager looking to progress to Commercial Director and Managing Director?
Our client was established over 30 years ago and has built a reputation for providing professional construction services for a range of sectors, and they are currently seeking a Commercial Manager to join their team on a permanent basis..
Purpose of the Role
This role sits on the Senior Leadership Team and reports to the Managing Director, it is the leading role in the Commercial Department and is also responsible for the Procurement Team, there are seven direct reports in total.
Initially, our client is looking for a hands-on Commercial Manager, but the role has the potential to progress to Commercial Director, and potentially Managing Director.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for looking after projects and managing the Commercial and Procurement Teams, providing guidance and mentoring the trainee roles. This is an operational role and post holders are expected to be involved alongside their team contributing to the workload of the commercial department when required.
- Commercial team and trainee development
- Taking responsibility for the financial management of projects
- Recognising business opportunities
- Manage the Tendering and Estimating Process through to completion
- Driver of Bid no Bid Process and Meetings
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts
- Strategically expanding, preserving, or improving company procedures, standards or policies
- Adhering to regulatory guidelines
- Manage Cost Value Reports (CVR) Reviews
- Driver of Tender Evaluation Meeting
- Responsible for department efficiencies regarding commercial and procurement administration and processes
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors and contracts team
- Running of schemes (when required)
- Responsible for all Commercial Reporting
The most suitable candidate for this role would hold a BSc in Quantity Surveying or similar relevant Building, Construction or Engineering degree.
Essential Skills and Experience
- This is a senior role and requires expertise and knowledge gained through several years of experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Good business commercial acumen
- Excellent IT Skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to mentor and guide a small team, assigning departmental responsibilities conducting performance reviews and performance improvement processes
- Holder of a full valid UK driving licence
- Previous experience of job costing software such as e-Valuate
It is expected that this position will interact with all members of staff at all levels, clients, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
- Contractual Hours: 40hrs per week with discretionary early finish each Friday
- Annual Holidays are 28 days including bank holidays
- One day per year of additional accrued holiday up to a maximum of five days
- Buy and sell annual holiday
- Health Cash Plan
- Death in Service Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.