- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Legal
- Category: Administrator
- Job Ref: SB145
- Salary: £16,000 - £21,000 DOE
New Directions are currently recruiting for three Digital Dictation and Administration Legal Secretary to join our clients team in Cardiff.
We are looking for individuals with excellent organisation, administration and typing skills that have a key eye for detail. You will be required to be an active member of the divisions team supporting them with all aspects of administration. I have listed the main duties below:
- Audio typing of correspondence, reports, forms and other documents via the digital dictation system.
- Carrying out general administration duties
- Managing diaries and organise meetings for fee earners were delegated.
- Assist senior secretaries as directed.
- answering internal and external calls
- representing the company in a professional manner
- Actively supporting colleagues when the work flow is at its peak
- ensuring everything remains organised including documentation, filing and electronic files.
- Assisting with general enquiries.
- Willingness to support with other duties when required.
We are looking for candidates with legal secretarial experience or candidates that have transferable skills from other sectors. It is important for all candidates to be driven, motivated and to work well in the team.
Our client offers fantastic opportunities to train and develop within the company.
Salary: £16,000 – £21,000 DOE
Location: Cardiff City Centre
An administrator provides both clerical and administrative support to professionals, either as part of a team or individually. The role plays a vital part in smooth-running of businesses. Administrators are involved with the coordination and implementation of office procedures and frequently have responsibility for specific projects and tasks. Most work involves both written and oral communication, word processing and typing, and requires relevant skills such as IT, organisational and presentation skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Maintaining management information systems (manual or computerised)
- Reviewing and answering correspondence
- Providing secretarial or executive services
- Co-ordination of bespoke projects
- Liaising with colleagues and external contacts to book travel and accommodation
- Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information
- Photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues
- Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases
- Attending meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes
- Liaising with staff in other departments and with external contacts
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- IT literate
- Personable and presentable
- Team player
Working via New Directions you will benefit from:
- A dedicated account manager
- Regular and varied assignments
- Competitive pay rates
- Potential long-term and temporary to permanent roles
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- Network of branches across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation throughout the recruitment industry
Please contact New Directions Commercial for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2082 7572, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 27th April 2018