Early Years and childcare Capital Project co-ordinator, Vale of Glamorgan
- Location: Vale of Glamorgan
- Salary: £14.71 per hour
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Early Years Education
Early Years and Childcare Capital Project Coordinator
Fixed contract untill 2025!
New Directions are currently recruiting on behalf of one of its client for an experienced Early Years and Childcare Capital Project Coordinator.
- To oversee existing planned projects, and new projects, and administer a small grant scheme for childcare & early Years providers.
- Work with existing local authority officers and key stakeholders to support the development of effective quality for children and their families across the Vale.
- Oversee existing planned projects and new projects – To lead on the management and monitoring of current planned and any new projects, reporting to the Strategic Childcare & Early Years Manager and Flying Start Manager on each stage of development
- To consult with key internal partners responsible for design, building surveying, property and strategy resources involved, ensuring that existing planned and any new prospective projects are on target for completion by 2025. Ensure requirements for developing childcare meet Care Inspectorate Wales National Minimum Standards i.e. Environment – minimum space required per child, toilet facilities etc
- To attend site visits in respect of large capital project builds as well as visits to those childcare settings submitting a small grants application.
- To produce quarterly financial reports regarding spend associated with large capital project builds and small capital grant schemes, monitoring compliance with grant terms and conditions.
- To be the key link in developing the Tendering process, working closely with Procurement and Legal Departments to ensure service specification of provision required is met and agreements are in place between the local authority, School and Childcare Provider.
- Experience of leading a large-scale capital projects adhering to grants conditions
- Monitoring and reporting of budgets
- Experience working with senior managers
- Experience of developing the tendering process
- Stakeholders experience both Internal and external to organisation.
- Excellent Communication skills Written and verbal
- flexible approach to work
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet set deadlines both for self and others.
- Ability to drive/travel throughout the vale or between locations as appropriate.
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.