Employability Advisor, Barry
- Location: Barry
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £23,000
- Start date: 27/02/2024
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Employability & Training
Employability Advisor – Barry
Salary Banding: £23,000
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for achieving contractual targets for attendance, sustained job outcome, compliance and participant satisfaction.
- Accountable for participant Induction including, meeting and greeting all participants, completing and checking all relevant documentation, delivering the structured induction session and making sure all participants have a clear understanding of provision.
- Responsible for owning the participants Action Plan working in partnership with colleagues to discuss & digitally document the participant’s progression e.g., working with the Employability Trainer to review their latest employability skills progress.
- Working with participants to develop an effective personalised programme of interventions
- Delivering employability support, including job search guidance, soft skills development, motivational discussions and other appropriate support.
- liaising with the Employer Engagement team to source sustainable employment and placement opportunities for participants. Supporting a seamless transition to placement or directly to sustainable employment.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Proven experience of working within a targeted / performance driven environment
- Motivational and inspirational attitude with a passion to inspire people
- Professional and articulate with effective communication skills
- Full driving license with use of vehicle
Why Work with us
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Being an employee owner as part of the EOT
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Mental Health first aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash – Healthcare scheme
- Length of Service Payment Scheme
- Employee of Month Awards.
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- NUS/ Totum discount card
- The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.
What New Directions Commercial offers:
- A dedicated and expert account manager
- Competitive pay rates
- Potential long-term and permanent roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme