Essential Skills Tutor, Cardiff
- Location: Cardiff
- Salary: £24500 - 27000 per annum
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Employability & Training
Essential Skills Assessor – Apprenticeships
Location: Cardiff/ Hybrid
Days/ Hours: 35 Hours a week, Monday to Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Salary: £24,500 – £27,000 DOE
Contract type: Permanent
Our client is one of the most vocationally diverse employee-owned independent training providers. Due to continued business growth, they are looking to add to their existing team.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for providing literacy, numeracy, and digital literacy support within workshops or one-to-one setting with learners to ensure their timely achievement of Essential Skills qualifications, and Framework and to ensure they achieve their full potential.
- Responsible for registering, arranging, conducting, and invigilating controlled tasks with learners undertaking their Essential Skills Qualification in line with award body requirements.
- Responsible for carrying out all organisational and administrative work, preparation, and marking associated with teaching and assessment responsibilities and attending standardisation
- Accountable for supporting and fully engaging learners and employers in the qualification.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Experience working within Work Based Learning and to Award Body standards.
- Experience in delivering Essential Skills Qualifications
- Excellent organisational skills, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to speak Welsh is desirable.
- Full driving license and use of own vehicle
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Benefits of the Role:
- An attractive starting salary of £24,500- – £27,000 DOE
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee benefits package
- Travel expenses and business mileage
If this sounds of interest to you and you would like to find out more then why not click apply today and one of our team will come back to you.
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.