Field Service & Commissioning Technician, Lincolnshire
- Location: Lincolnshire
- Salary: £15.00 - 22.50 per hour
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Industrial & Manufacturing
Field Service & Commissioning Technician
Temporary to Permanent
Monday to Sunday – Rota which includes a 4 day & 3 day working week, includes working nights and some weekends
Days – £15 per hour
Nights – £18 per hour
Weekends – £22.50 per hour
Our client is a fast-growing business that provides highly innovative products to the water industry, the adoption of which will have a wide-ranging and positive impact on the environment. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Field Service Technician to expand their skills and gain valuable experience applying clever technology to tackle environmental issues.
Employed on a temporary to permanent contract, you will initially be field-based out our client’s new site a few miles outside of Grantham. The role as Field Service & C ommissioning Technician will be responsible for the professional performance of their water treatment equipment across the various stages of the life cycle of each project.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
Must have: –
- Suitable experience with either an electrical or mechanical bias, ideally cross trained.
- Qualifications, skills training, apprenticeship, or be suitably time served in a relevant field.
- Capability to understand the training we will give you on the operation of our technology, which is based on algae consuming the pollutants in wastewater.
- Self-starter, self-motivating, able to work on own initiative and unsupervised.
- Good team player – essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel & Teams.
- Interpersonal skills to be our ambassador and interact well with the client.
- The flexibility and ability to adapt and take on more senior roles as the company grows.
- Health and Safety awareness and the ability to operate within lone working procedures.
- A full clean driving licence
- Assist in the correct installation of new plant at UK-wide sites under the direction of the Engineering Manager.
- Work with the Science and Engineering team to assist in the commissioning of new sites across the UK.
- You will help in training water company staff in operating our plant and equipment.
- Science, sampling, and data retrieval
- Assist with gathering and collecting data and material from each site for testing and analysis at their lab in Bristol
- Be part of the team to define and agree on the correct plan for the treatment needed.
- This will form part of your routine for site visits in addition to the service and engineering tasks
- Attend site for scheduled visits to undertake routine maintenance activities.
- Help with inducting and supervising service partners, usually monthly.
- Check the operation of the plant, processes, and biology, and complete timely detailed reports.
- Make suggestions for improvements wherever possible.
- Feedback information on what works well, and what needs improving,
- Be part of any installation project teams contributing to design optimisation.
- Develop your own skills and help develop others as the company grows.
- The process equipment is a unique and patented design and training will be given from the team departments on all aspects of its operation.
- The suitable candidate will primarily match the skills required for the job description, with in-house training either at their Bristol laboratory or on-site with process plants to gain knowledge of our technology.
- Although knowledge of HMIs, PLCs and Process equipment is desirable, the client will give training on the site-specific equipment that is required.
This really is a unique and exciting position that gives the successful applicant a chance to work with some brand-new science that will have a huge impact on the planet
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.