- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Duration: permanent
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sector: Accountancy and Finance
- Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
Our Client, a national firm of Chartered Accountants are looking for an experienced Finance Assistant to support their offices in Newport.
Reporting to the Company Accountant the successful candidate will have experience using the following systems; Excel, Word, Sage, CCH and Microsoft Office.
The Position Responsibilities:
• Undertake Sales Invoicing first week of the month
• Manage the set up, invoicing and renewal process of fee funded clients
• Manage the purchase ledger using sage – posting invoices, reconciling against statements, making payments, sending remittances
• Complete the company bank reconciliation using sage
• Analyse credit card transactions and post to ledgers using excel and sage
• Support the credit controller with duties, posting cash received, prepare debtor ledgers, statements, letters. Using CCH, Excel, Word
• Petty Cash using Excel, Sage
• Reconcile control accounts to trial balance using Sage
• Assist the Company Accountant with any tasks required – Reports, Filing, Reconciliations, Sending payments, Keeping accurate and up to date records.
• Must be able to work to deadlines and manage own workload
• Must have previous Accounts/Finance experience, ideally no less than 2 years
• Must have good Excel skills to intermediate level
• Ideally be familiar with Sage
Please contact New Directions Commercial for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2082 7572,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th October 2017