- Salary: £33000 - 37800 per annum
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Temporary
Working days: – Monday to Friday (Hybrid – with one-day rota a week, work from home basis)
Working hours:- 8.30am to 5pm Or 9am to 5.30pm
£33,000 – £37,800 (DOE) per annum plus excellent company benefits
Our client is a leading name in their sector and they are looking to recruit an Accountant who will work alongside the Director of Finance. The ideal candidate will assist in the production of monthly management accounts for all business divisions, along with the management and reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts.
Qualifications and experience required: –
- Educated to at least A level standard.
- Further education in a Finance/Accounting discipline or qualification awarded by a professional body (e.g., AAT)
- Proven experience in a busy accounts/finance environment working to strict deadlines – working on multiple accounts is desirable.
Experience required: –
- Production of management accounts
- Experience in using accounting software packages
- Exposure to balance sheet reconciliations.
- Fully competent in the use of Excel, to an advanced level
- Must be highly numerate and competent in financial analysis
- Experience in a busy accounts/finance environment working to strict deadlines
- Able to present financial information to non-financial associates
Key responsibilities: –
- Responsible for compiling periodic reports based on the checking process
- Responsible to produce monthly management accounts, for all companies within the Group and its associated companies.
- The collation of all necessary and relevant information from various sources to aid compilation of all journals that need to be input into all sets of management accounts
- Responsible for dealing with queries from other departments relating to all sets of management accounts
- Responsible for the issuing of departmental expenses analysis following the publication of monthly management accounts
- Assisting the Director of Finance with the production of year-end Statutory Accounts.
- Responsible for maintaining the fixed asset register on a monthly basis, ensuring that all invoices charged as capital expenditure are properly categorised
- Responsible to produce P&Ls and forecasts, in conjunction with the sales team and other senior managers/departments
- To ensure all information needed from the audit and reconciliations teams relating to the production of all sets of management accounts is produced on a timely basis and to pre-determined set deadlines
- Responsible for the management and reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts for all/any of the Group and associated companies
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.