General Operative, Norwich
- Location: Norwich
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £10.78 per hour
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Industrial & Manufacturing
Position: General Operative
Location: Norwich (NR6)
£10.78 per hour
Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week (paid breaks)
Initially 2pm till 10pm but requires flexibility to work other shift patterns to cover holidays (9am – 5pm & 6am – 2pm)
New Directions are recruiting a General Operative on behalf of one of the UK’s largest industrial supplies organisation based in Norwich on a temporary to permanent basis.
To include but not limited to safely and accurately sort, repair, and manufacture pallets in a timely manner, using the tools and equipment provided ensuring that you work at your optimum level to maximise your output and quality of the products in line with the required specification.
· To sort, repair and manufacture a wide spectrum of products to ensure that we are able, as a business, to deliver an effective and efficient service to all our customers and provide them with the products that they require on time and in full.
· Work effectively to ensure that work stations are set up to be efficient and a continuous high level of output is maintained during each shift.
· Minimum required totals & Quality must be achieved.
· Ensure your tools & equipment are safe to use at all times by ensuring all relevant checks are completed and defects reported.
· Ensure all H&S legal responsibilities are adhered to in line with company expectations.
· Be punctual and follow the company attendance procedure.
· Undertake all tasks delegated to you by Supervisors and Managers at the site.
· Be a team player and understand the wider site processes in order to support when able to do so.
· Treat all fellow colleagues with respect and behave in a way that allows all staff to complete their work without disruption.
· Has excellent attention to detail and drive to constantly maintain high standards.
· Works effectively with others.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary to Permanent (after 12 weeks)
What New Directions Commercial offers:
- A dedicated and expert account manager
- Competitive pay rates
- Potential long-term and permanent roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme