Graduate Project Engineer (Mechanical/ Design/ Materials), Carmarthenshire
- Location: Carmarthenshire
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £22000
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
NEW DIRECTIONS is recruiting commercially minded Engineers for a growing mechanical engineering manufacturer in Llanelli, supplying bellows and expansion joints to high-integrity applications in over 90 countries worldwide. They are seeking hard-working, resilient, outgoing people who pay attention to detail and are used to winning and welcome graduates to apply,
Designing a cost-effective expansion joint solution to pipework applications across a full range of industries, such as defence, nuclear, oil & gas, and marine producing cost estimates in line with design solutions assisting final negotiations with customers to secure major contracts.
You will need a solid understanding of mechanical engineering; as long as you show good aptitude and attitude, then we’re happy to teach you the rest Liaising with customers to design a solution that fits their technical requirements developing relationships with customers and suppliers so that you can match our offer to their commercial requirements.
- Mobilise the company’s internal resources to ensure we find solutions and then win the orders
- Provide technical support through project process and to liaise with the client throughout the contract
- Manage and control project execution with support from the Sales, Production and Operations Team
- Producing procedures and other relevant documentation relating to the operation, manufacturing and handling of products where applicable
- Assisting Commercial Team with business development
- Challenging projects that need solutions for a range of industrial applications
- Travel to some of the world’s hottest, smelliest and most industrialised parts of the world, but always interesting (this may or may not involve crawling through pipework – usually doesn’t, but you never know)
- A competitive salary, with incentives to make bonuses that significantly contribute to remunerations
- Loyalty bonus * Five years of personal and career development and a chance to learn about business you won’t get in most engineering jobs
- Travel to nice parts of the world sometimes too.
- Chance to be part of a motivated and diverse team of like-minded people;
- Opportunity to contribute to a growing ambitious business, feel valued and have fun!
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent discipline or currently working toward the degree
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the organisation and with external contacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external clients
- Team player
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Project delivery / Project Management experience would be advantageous
- A hard worker who is not afraid to put in the hours
The client’s guarantee:
Come with the right mindset and after a few years, you will have earned a better-looking CV than anyone you graduated with. We pledge to do what we can to give you a springboard for the rest of your career, either with us or somewhere else. You just need to give us everything you’ve got for as long as you’re there!
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What New Directions Commercial offers:
- A dedicated and expert account manager
- Competitive pay rates
- Potential long-term and permanent roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme