Internal Quality Assurer – Health and Social Care, Cardiff
- Location: Cardiff
- Salary: £30000 - 35000 per annum
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Operations & Administration
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) – Health and Social Care
we are recruiting an IQA in Health and Social Care to develop a team of Assessors to improve the quality of delivery across all learning programmes, ensuring high quality teaching, learning and assessment for all learners. Responsible for ensuring the company’s Internal Quality Assurance processes are rigorous and lead to continuous improvement, improved learner satisfaction and success rates across the team.
Salary Banding: £30,000 to £35,000
Location: Cardiff, with opportunities for hybrid working
Contract type: Full time, perm
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for developing a team of Assessors to improve the quality of delivery across all learning programmes
- To sample and verify activities to improve the progression and achievement of learners
- Responsible for ensuring that all IQA activities continually meet the needs of the learners, exceed the requirements of Awarding Organisations, Welsh Government, Estyn and Itec
- Manage an ongoing cycle of standardisation meetings for Assessors to ensure best practice is shared across all sectors
- Manage delivery models and other resources to embed a consistent and standardised approach to delivery
- Accountable for ensuring literacy and numeracy are embedded throughout the learning programme
- Accountable for ensuing Assessors embed the cross cutting themes of Safeguarding/Prevent, ESDGC, Wales the Language and Culture, Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety/Well-being
- Complete regular sampling of Assessor activity to ensure consistency across the team
- Ensure sampling is completed and turned around within the timescales set
- Know and understand what profiles are planned each month, planning to ensure the profiles are achieved.
- Monitor closely the ‘panel process’ to ensure all portfolios are accounted for
- Responsible for completing IQA reports, clearly, well written and with sufficient detailed to support and improve performance
- Participate in/manage EQA visits.
- Responsible for managing, planning and completing IQA observations of Assessors to ensure the IQA strategy is met
- Accountable for coaching and developing Assessors ensuring they are ‘excellent’ in their grading
- Ensure Assessors are supported, trained and developed with particular focus on those that are unqualified and those that have been graded ‘adequate or unsatisfactory’
- Ensure all staff are aware of developments in their occupational sector by way of self-study and research and CPD logs / records maintained
- Support the Quality Assurance Manager by identifying improvements to the IQA strategy through a processes of review to improve delivery and success rates
- Aid in the development of new qualifications and gain centre/scheme approval when necessary
- Accountable for the development of resources and learning materials to support a wide range of vocational and learning needs.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Assessor and IQA qualification
- Relevant occupational competence (Health and Social Care)
- Experience of delivering training and support
- Full driving licence with use of own vehicle
- Experience and a proven track record of leading a team of IQAs
- Experience of co-ordinating EQA visits
- Been actively involved in an Estyn Inspection
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.