Internal Quality Assurer, Cardiff
- Location: Cardiff
- Salary: £30000 - 35000 per annum
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Employability & Training
Title: Internal Quality Assurer
Summary/Purpose: To lead, motivate and develop a team of Assessors to improve the quality of delivery across all learning programmes, ensuring high quality teaching, learning and assessment for all learners. Responsible for ensuring the company’s Internal Quality Assurance processes are rigorous and lead to continuous improvement, improved learner satisfaction and success rates across the team
Reporting to: Contract Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for motivating and developing a team of Assessors to ensure learners have a positive learning experience and KPIs are achieved
- Responsible for developing a team of Assessors to improve the quality of delivery across all learning programmes
- Responsible for managing sampling and verification activities to improve the progression and achievement of learners
- Responsible for ensuring that all IQA activities continually meet the needs of the learners, exceed the requirements of Awarding Organisations, Welsh Government, Estyn
- Manage an ongoing cycle of standardisation meetings for Assessors to ensure best practice is shared across all sectors
- Manage delivery models and other resources to embed a consistent and standardised approach to delivery
- Accountable for ensuring literacy and numeracy are embedded throughout the learning programme
- Accountable for ensuing Assessors embed the cross cutting themes of Safeguarding/Prevent, ESDGC, Wales the Language and Culture, Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety/Well-being
- Complete regular sampling of Assessor activity to ensure consistency across the team
- Ensure sampling is completed and turned around within the timescales set
- Know and understand what profiles are planned each month, planning to ensure the profiles are achieved.
- Monitor closely the ‘panel process’ to ensure all portfolios are accounted for
- Responsible for completing IQA reports, clearly, well written and with sufficient detailed to support and improve performance
- Participate in and/or manage EQA visits to ensure the visit schedule is adhered to, all portfolios requested are presented and meet the standards resulting in a positive visit
- Responsible for managing, planning and completing IQA observations of Assessors to ensure the IQA strategy is met
- Accountable for coaching and developing Assessors ensuring they are ‘excellent’ in their grading
- Ensure Assessors are supported, trained and developed with particular focus on those that are unqualified and those that have been graded ‘adequate or unsatisfactory’
- Ensure all staff are aware of developments in their occupational sector by way of self-study and research and CPD logs / records maintained
- Support the Quality Assurance Manager by identifying improvements to the IQA strategy through a processes of review to improve delivery and success rates
- Aid in the development of new qualifications and gain centre/scheme approval when necessary
- Accountable for the development of resources and learning materials to support a wide range of vocational and learning needs.
- Develop current processes to ensure continuous improvement in the delivery of all qualifications to meet KPIs and exceed success rate targets
- Maintain knowledge and adherence to Work Based Learning Professional Standards, Education Workforce Code of Practice and company’s Code of Conduct
- To ensure security of company assets
- To comply with all company policies and procedures
- To comply with the companies safeguarding policy & procedure
- To comply with Equal Opportunities Legislation and be proactive in challenging prejudice, discrimination and stereotyping.
- To implement in full the Company’s quality policies and procedures.
- To consult the Company Health and Safety Policy with regards to their specific responsibilities as described in the general arrangements section
- To give consideration to their actions at work as to how they may affect the safety of Learners, clients and visitors to Company premises
- Support organisations core values
- Co-operate with all staff to achieve a healthy and safe workplace and reporting any risks identified, at the company’s or others premises, to the designated Health and Safety Officer.
- Other duties that may be identified from time to time by the Company.
- Attend relevant training / personal development programmes
Experience & Qualifications
Assessor and IQA qualification
Relevant occupational competence
Experience of delivering training and support
Full driving licence with use of own vehicle
Experience and a proven track record of leading a team of IQAs
Experience of co-ordinating EQA visits
Been actively involved in an Estyn Inspection
Committed to continuous improvement
Ability to communicate well and effectively with colleagues and clients
Accurate with good attention to detail in all areas of work
Proactive with a willingness to learn, help others and take on tasks using own initiative
Fluent in Welsh
Safeguarding & Prevent Knowledge and understanding
In depth knowledge of Apprenticeship programmes including framework requirements, IQA processes and assessment methods
In depth knowledge of Awarding Organisation requirements
In depth knowledge of Estyn Inspection requirements
Self-motivated, self starter.
Flexible in approach.
Ability to work under pressure
Adapts well to change
Having a conscientious and self-disciplined approach to independent working
Willing to travel to fulfil the requirements of the role
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.