Learner Coach, Vale of Glamorgan
- Location: Vale of Glamorgan
- Salary: £24000 - 26000 per annum
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Employability & Training
Learner Coach – JGW+
Salary Banding: £24,000 to £26,000 based on skills and experience.
Base: Covering Cardiff and Barry
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
The successful appointment will need to be self-registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Work-Based Learning Practitioner.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Providing pastoral care and wellbeing support of all learners.
- Being point of contact for all safeguarding issues
- Develop appropriate links and maintain good working relationships with external support organisations.
- Conducting learner interviews and inductions including, meeting and greeting all learners, completing and checking all relevant documentation, delivering structured induction session and making sure all learners have a clear understanding of the provision and programme.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Professional and articulate with effective communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge of working with disengaged youths and challenging behaviour.
- Good knowledge of safeguarding requirements within youth provisions
- Ability to motivate and inspire young people starting on their career paths.
- Passionate about working with young people and making a difference.
- Exceptionally organised with the ability to work to multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Driving Licence and access to own vehicle.
- Welsh speaking would be advantageous.
- Learning Coach L4 Qualification or equivalent or willing to working towards
Why Work with us
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Being an employee owner as part of the EOT
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Mental Health first aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash – Healthcare scheme
- Length of Service Payment Scheme
- Employee of Month Awards.
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- NUS/ Totum discount card
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.