- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sector: Legal
- Job Ref: so/555
- Salary: Competitive
Our Client, due to continued expansion, are recruiting for a Legal assistant in thier matrimonial department within their Cardiff office.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
The Legal Assistant will provide a total support service to the Fee Earners, enabling him/her to operate at optimum efficiency. The Legal Assistant is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- To prepare correspondence and documents using audio typing, word processing or digital
- dictation methods
- To administer filing systems which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual
- To prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- To arrange for all copying to be done
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up-to-date diary for the partner
- To provide support to Junior secretaries and other secretaries as required
- To attend to clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such communication in a professional and friendly manner In keeping with the practice’s standards for client care To undertake any specific training when required to do so and take responsibility for own self-development
- To ensure the confidentiality of all practice and client documentation and information
- To promote the practice when and where possible
- To maintain professional standards at all times
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities that may be required by the partner
Legal Assistant – Experience Required:
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office, word and excel
- Experience in diary management and customer service Confident communicator with good telephone manner
- Previous Legal Secretary experience and advantage
- Experience of the following, an advantage: Legal Secretary, Legal assistant, Office Assistant, Office Administrator, Administrator
Please contact New Directions Commercial for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2082 7572,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th August 2017