Manufacturing Machine Operator, Burton on Trent
- Location: Burton on Trent
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £10.60 per hour
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Industrial & Manufacturing
Salary – £10.60p/h
Working hours – 6am-2pm and on afternoon’s it is Mon – Thurs 2pm-11pm and Fri 2pm-6pm
If made permanent the Machine Operator can progress to earning up to £12.48 per hour plus bonus dependant on hitting weekly targets
NEW DIRECTIONS RECRUITMENT is seeking a skilled Manufacturing Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate automated pallet building machinery.
Training will be provided to make sure you know how to do the job, so you must have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. If you are reliable, can work with minimal supervision and work with attention to detail and safety standards this job is for you.
- Permanent position after probation period
- Overtime opportunity
- Site visit before start
- Bonus after probation
- Set up machines to start a production cycle and clean work area when shift is over.
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g., speed)
- Feed raw materials or parts to machine
- Report issue to Supervisor or Maintenance.
- Check output to spot any machine related mistakes or flows. Essential Skills:
- Previous experience of running a machine.
- Understanding of production procedures.
- Be self-motivated and can complete daily task with minimum supervision
- A conscientious, motivated, and positive attitude
- Ability to lift, carry and push equipment
- Previous experience working in factory environment or a similar role
What New Directions Commercial offers:
- A dedicated and expert account manager
- Competitive pay rates
- Potential long-term and permanent roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme