Marketing Manager, Vale of Glamorgan
- Location: Vale of Glamorgan
- Salary: £35000 - 37500 per annum
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Human Resources
Title: Marketing Manager
Salary: £35,000 – £37,500
Location: Barry, South Wales
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
We are looking to recruit a skilled and experienced Marketing Manager to join our client’s online business, who are based in Barry, South Wales. A successful business selling products online through a small number of brands. They are very proud to be a fully employee-owned business, who are market leaders in the sale of premium goods including multitools, apparel, bags, and footwear.
You will be responsible for driving the strategic direction of their marketing department and overseeing the execution of marketing campaigns to effectively promote and sell their products through their online portals. Whilst their marketing team is small, they have achieved impressive results over the years. You will help further their efforts at both a practical and strategic level and be part of their management team. The role will involve the development of existing and new brands.
- Lead and manage a small marketing team, providing guidance, support, and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Provide day-to-day hands-on support within the team where required. This will ensure that functions are cross trained within the team appropriately and ensure that regular business targets are achieved to a high standard.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to drive brand awareness, customer acquisition, and retention.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, operations, and IT to align marketing initiatives with overall business goals.
- Collaborate with external suppliers including eCommerce agencies and marketing software suppliers to generate the best returns and results.
- Develop, manage, and evaluate the marketing budget, ensuring effective allocation of resources for maximum return on investment.
- Oversee the creation and execution of compelling content across various channels including website, social media, email marketing, and paid advertising.
- Utilise analytics and data-driven insights to measure and optimise marketing campaigns, generating and using key performance indicators (KPIs) to track success.
- Ensure that their marketing efforts drive search engine optimisation (SEO) activities to improve organic visibility, increase website traffic and ultimately conversions.
- Work within the team to ensure high-quality visuals for product listings and marketing materials.
- Stay up to date with industry and product trends, emerging technologies, and marketing innovations, providing recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work with the management team to develop new and complimentary brands for the business to launch successfully.
- Where appropriate conduct market research and analysis to identify target markets, customer segments, and competitor strategies.
- Benchmark appropriate metrics, such as Customer Acquisition Cost, Average Order Value Returning vs New Customer Split.
- Appropriate experience and the right attitude to contribute positively to their business is the key qualification.
- Ideally a Graduate-level qualification and/or Chartered Institute of Marketing accreditation or equivalent would be very welcome.
- Proven track record in an established eCommerce business, ideally in B2C retail.
- 5 years or more of experience in marketing and eCommerce.
- Planning and execution of successful marketing and social media campaigns.
- Fluent English, both spoken and written.
- Experience with graphic design, preferably in a commercial setting.
- Competence with the BigCommerce web commerce platform
- Competence with Mailchimp or a competitor package
- Proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro and InDesign.
- Awareness and proficiency with Google AdWords and Merchant Center
- Expert skills with product photography including the use of a DSLR.
- Video production and presenting.
- A great team player with a good sense of humour.
- Have an inquisitive and constructively challenging approach that will build on the current successes of the business.
- Be a creative thinker and possess a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities.
- We’re a relatively small team so you’ll need to be flexible and have an open approach with a positive mind-set.
- Ability to work Monday to Friday at their HQ in Barry.
- After 1 year’s service, you will qualify as a member of the Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) and therefore indirectly own a stake in the business.
- After 1 years’ service, you will also be eligible for any EOT bonus paid in any financial year (subject to the profitable operation of the business)
- 20 holiday plus statutory Bank Holidays.
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.