Multi Skilled Engineer, Barry
- Location: Barry
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £35500
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Industrial & Manufacturing
Monday to Friday Rotational shifts
6am – 2pm then following week 2pm till 10pm
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
· The Engineering Technician is primarily responsible for delivering Preventative, Corrective and Reactive support to the operations team across all aspects of the site assets and infrastructure and to ensure the reliability and efficiency of the manufacturing assets.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
· To complete the designated preventative maintenance tasks, identifying potential failures and through good engineering judgement creation of corrective tasks inclusive of parts needed and time for resolution.
· To plan and execute corrective maintenance tasks in line with a first time right approach.
· To be the first point of reference in the advent of an asset failure, to apply sound engineering knowledge for its resolution or where relevant escalate providing sufficient information to clearly communicate to the interested stakeholders the plan of action.
· To identify potential Engineering / Operational solutions to reoccurring failures and to implement and complete resolutions as required.
MEASURES & DELIVERABLES
· To adhere to the priorities set by the Engineering Manager.
· To use and regularly update the departmental reporting systems, including reporting faults as well as documenting preventative maintenance tasks.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES, SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENTAL & QUALITY
- Handle engineering support requests for the operations area and for the factory infrastructure daily.
- Comply with the company’s Health and Safety requirements, it is vital that all colleagues recognise and acknowledge they have responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others that may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to the quality and quality improvements in all aspects of the role.
- Keep work area clean and tidy, and hazard free.
- To work effectively as a team, follow instructions and cooperate with others.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures and management instructions.
- Must be flexible with regards to shift work.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Have proven fault finding experience in a busy manufacturing site.
Have experience of working with PLC’s, AC and DC Motors and drives.
Have experience of working on Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.
Have experience of working with mechanical power transfer systems e.g., drive belts, transfer chains and bearing systems.
The ability to interpret and amend technical mechanical and electrical drawings.
Strong decision-making skills.
Good IT Skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Have a minimum of 5 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
A minimum of an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an Engineering Related subject, ideally Mechatronics.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Cover for other members of the engineering team during their absence as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,500.00-£40,00.00 per year
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What New Directions Commercial offers:
- A dedicated and expert account manager
- Competitive pay rates
- Potential long-term and permanent roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme