Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Barry
- Location: Barry
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £35,000
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Industrial & Manufacturing
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Monday – Friday
Double Day Shift (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm rotating weekly)
Salary – up to £40k DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a multi-skilled maintenance engineer to join a market-leading manufacturing company. The multi-skilled maintenance engineer will benefit from the continued growth of the company and a sustainable manufacturing organisation with a strategic network of sites can offer and be part of their continued success.
- Handle engineering support requests for the operations area and for the factory infrastructure daily.
- Comply with the company’s Health and Safety requirements, it is vital that all colleagues recognise and acknowledge they have responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others that may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to quality and quality improvements in all aspects of the role.
- Keep work area clean and tidy and hazard free.
- To work effectively as a team, follow instructions and cooperate with others.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures and management instructions.
Skills/ Certifications required for multi-skilled maintenance engineer:
- Have proven fault-finding experience in a busy manufacturing site.
- Previous experience working with PLCs, AC and DC Motors and drives, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and mechanical power transfer systems e.g., drive belts, transfer chains and bearing systems.
- The ability to interpret and amend technical mechanical and electrical drawings. Strong decision-making skills. Good IT Skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- A minimum of an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an Engineering Related subject, ideally Mechatronics.
What New Directions Commercial offers:
- A dedicated and expert account manager
- Competitive pay rates
- Potential long-term and permanent roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme