National Sales Manager, Neath Port Talbot
- Location: Neath Port Talbot
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £60,000
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Sales & Account Management
National Sales Manager
£60,000 – £80,000 per annum DOE
Our client is a leading testing and consultancy business, which encompasses an independent UKAS accredited test laboratory specialising in the testing of steel products for the construction industry, composite materials across a wide range of engineering applications and mechanical testing of water fittings. Further, their consultancy team specialises in materials failure analysis and condition assessment for a wide range of industries, where they have a global client base.
They are offering an opportunity for an experienced national sales manager to join their talented, growing team to lead in developing new and existing client relationships. The candidate for this role would have relevant experience in developing relationships with both new and existing clients.
The primary function of the role is to oversee the business development needs of the entire business and work closely with the staff who manage the materials testing, water fitting testing and consultancy businesses. Reporting to the Directors, you will have day to day responsibility for finding and developing new client relationships to generate profitable sales for our client. The role requires a demonstrated proficiency communicating and collaborating at a variety of levels within the organisation. You will be required to work well in a team environment with flexibility to react to changing business needs.
The key accountabilities of the role are outlined below.
- Identify revenue/sales opportunities to maximise business growth.
- Identify potential new business streams.
- Support the development of suitable marketing materials
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Raise our client’s profile in its chosen markets, as well as tracking competitor activity.
- Attending conferences and relevant industry related meetings.
- Produce and deliver business development related presentations to clients.
- Attend regular management meetings to demonstrate sales, potential sales and areas of proposed expansion.
- Maintaining and exceeding sales performance relative to sales targets.
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of our client’s service offerings, participating in any training opportunities.
- Writing and producing Tender submissions with support from the technical staff.
- Work closely with fellow managers within the organisation.
- Suitable experience. Proven track record of building business in a similar industry sector.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. multitask.
- Must be self-driven and results oriented with a clear focus of delivering high quality, profitable business.
- Flexible with regular travel requirements, including overseas travel.
- Good customer facing skills. Must be personable, credible, and comfortable in dealing with clients at all levels of seniority.
- Must have a full clean driving license.
- Knowledge of materials, mechanical testing, water fitting testing and/or welding.
Your work ethic and core values should demonstrate how you prioritise customer service, utilise teamwork, deliver operational excellence & continuous yet sustainable growth.
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary which will be determined based on their qualifications and experience.
- Commission on sales
- 25 days holidays (plus bank holidays).
- Contributary pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £60,000.00-£80,000.00 per year
What New Directions Commercial offers:
- A dedicated and expert account manager
- Competitive pay rates
- Potential long-term and permanent roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme