Quantity Surveyor, Swansea
- Location: Swansea
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £45,000.00
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Industrial & Manufacturing
Circa £45,000 plus Car Allowance (£5,400) per annum
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for an exciting new opportunity in Swansea? We have just the job for you! Our client was established over 30 years ago and has built a reputation for providing professional construction services for a range of sectors, and they are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Purpose of the Role
This role reports to the Managing Director working in a small team to provide commercial support by managing project finances and contractual relationships.
· Responsible for estimating schemes on established frameworks.
· Submitting monthly valuations.
· Negotiating Final Accounts
· Compile Cost Value Reports (CVR) updates, budgets and enquiries
· Responsible for controlling and updating Project Enquiry (P&E) Log
· Identification and submitting of fully built up variations.
· Carry out financial checks on completed projects and to check compliance with our client’s policies and procedures.
· Developing effective working relationships with clients, suppliers and members of the Maintenance and Contracts team
· Running of multiple schemes at one time.
· Responsible for achieving set individual and department Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
· Mentoring of Trainee and Assistant Quantity Surveyor Academic Qualifications The most suitable candidate for this role would hold a BSc in Quantity Surveying or similar Construction biased degree.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Excellent IT Skills (Microsoft Office)
· Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
· Excellent telephone manner
· Excellent communication skills
· Well organised
· A good problem solver
· Previous experience of job costing software such as e-Valuate
· Holder of a full valid UK driving licence Working relationships It is expected that this position will interact with all members of staff at all levels, clients, suppliers and sub-contractors. Contractual Information
Contractual Hours: 40hrs per week with discretionary early finish each Friday
· Competitive Salary – circa £45,000 + DOE
· Car Allowance – £5,400
· Annual Holidays 28 days including bank holidays
· One day per year additional accrued holiday up to a maximum of five days
· Buy and sell annual holiday (terms and conditions apply)
· Health Cash Plan
· Death in Service Insurance
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Free Parking
· Staff Room
· Free Tea/Coffee/Soft Drinks
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £45,000.00 per year
What New Directions Commercial offers:
- A dedicated and expert account manager
- Competitive pay rates
- Potential long-term and permanent roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme