Safeguarding Coordinator, Rhondda Cynon Taff
- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taff
- Salary: £22000 per annum
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Compliance
Location: Hensol, Vale of Glamorgan
Working Hours: Full-time
Reporting to: Safeguarding & Welfare Manager
Purpose of Role:
New Directions are looking to recruit a Safeguarding Coordinator to support the day-to-day administrative functions of our clients Safeguarding Team. This is an immediate start for a 6 month contract, full-time based in their offices in Hensol, Vale of Glamorgan.
You may be required at times to perform their duties or additional work or attend training outside of normal office hours and/or in different locations, either domestically or internationally, at the discretion of the Head of Compliance.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY
- Administer DBS checks and provide support with processing DBS checks.
- Administer Safeguarding information on to their system.
- Operate online DBS applications.
- Provide secretarial support to their Safeguarding Panel.
- Assist with the development, implementation and promotion of Safeguarding Policies, Practices and Procedures.
- Provide advice and guidance to stakeholders on Safeguarding matters.
- Ensure DBS Certificates with content are submitted for risk assessment and issue non-compliance suspensions as necessary.
- Assist with the development and updating of rules and regulations.
- Administer the investigations & risk management processes.
- Significant data entry of confidential and sensitive information.
- To undertake any other duties as instructed by Head of Department.
- Undertake such other duties as maybe required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the client.
- Educated to A level or equivalent, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection (advantageous)
- Knowledge of DBS processes & relevant legislation (advantageous)
ROLE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in administrative processing and procedure development.
- Experience of Microsoft applications, for example Word, Excel and Outlook are essential.
- Experience of data entry and databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Demonstrate flexibility.
- Show willingness to learn.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to deal with difficult matters professionally and in confidence.
- The ability to work as part of a team but also without supervision.
- The ability to work outside of normal working hours.
- The ability to speak Welsh would be an advantage.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and two professional / personal references.
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.