Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ) Coordinator, Cambridgeshire
- Location: Cambridgeshire
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £28,000
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Facilities
Position: Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Coordinator
Location: Upwood, Cambridgeshire, PE26
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 Per Annum
New Directions are recruiting a SHEQ Coordinator on behalf of one of the UK’s largest industrial supplies organisation based in Upwood, Cambridgeshire on a permanent basis.
To actively work with Site Managers and Site Management teams, with support from the Regional HSE Business Partner in the implementation of Health, Safety and Environment requirements, ensuring that company and legal standards are implemented.
Health & Safety
- Ensure site compliance against Group SHEQ policy, though monitoring, providing guidance and support
- Ensure all Accidents are notified to the Regional SHEQ Business Partner as they occur, but no later than within 24hours for minor injuries.
- Ensure all significant Incidents which could result in harm are notified to the Regional HSE Business Partner as they occur.
- Undertake and complete Accident and Incident investigations with 48 hours of the event, for low and medium level Accidents and Incidents.
- Draft and deliver safety awareness/ alerts through toolbox talks, safety alerts etc.
- Maintain site emergency teams of Fire Wardens and First Aiders for the site, arranging training where necessary.
- Support the completion of Risk Assessments and develop Method Statements/ Safe Systems of Work, working with Site Management to ensure relevant controls are implemented and maintained.
- Support the Site Managers in coordinating HSCC meetings.
- Deliver on key SHEQ objectives.
- Collate weekly site H&S audit data and support sites to resolve an action identified.
- Complete Site Induction training for new starters and contractors, updating training matrices as required.
- Ensure SHEQ notices boards are updated with relevant information (Policy Documents, Health, and Safety Alerts etc.)
- Support Site Teams in the supply of adequate PPE.
- Support Site leadership teams, with direction from the Regional SHEQ Business Partner, in the implementation of Group SHEQ Policy.
- Coordinate with site management to drive waste reduction and recycling.
- Promote a positive HSE culture.
- Drive a “can do” attitude through problem resolution.
- Ensure all communications, guidance documents are clear, concise, and appropriate for the target audience.
- Undertake any reasonable management request!
- Support Site SHEQ initiatives, drive a proactive Accident prevention approach and promote a positive Health and Safety culture throughout the site
- On-time notification of Accidents and Incidents
- Completion of Accident and Incident Investigations within the specified time scale
- Updating and completion of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Reduction of Accidents lost days, and frequency rates.
- Promote Incident reporting and suitable corrective actions.
- Assisting with Health and Safety Consultative Committee (HSCC) meetings
- Provide Health, Safety and Environment training.
- Collating Site Audit metrics weekly
- Ideally have 2 years’ experience of an HSE role within a Manufacturing/ Logistics organisation with IOSH qualification or minimal experience in any industry with NEBOSH qualification.
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislative requirements
- Understanding of Environmental aspects and impacts
- Excellent person management and relationship skills and be comfortable working effectively within a broad range of working environments, within a team or alone.
- Be practical and willing to be hands-on and lead change from the front.
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- ISO standard Internal Auditor trained (Desired)
- PUWER/DSEAR Awareness (Desired)
- Good standard of written and numerical literacy
- Excellent people skills, enabling them to liaise with staff across the business.
- Excellent communication skills and a focus to support change and culture in Health and Safety
- Decisive and able to maintain good control over delegated responsibilities.
- Team minded, excellent communicator, oral and written with good presentation skills.
- Good time management
- Excellent IT skills, specifically in Microsoft Office applications
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
What New Directions Commercial offers:
- A dedicated and expert account manager
- Competitive pay rates
- Potential long-term and permanent roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme