Teaching & Learning Tutor JGW+, Cardiff
- Location: Cardiff
- Salary: £24500 - 27000 per annum
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Employability & Training
Title: Teaching & Learning Tutor JGW+
Summary/Purpose: To train and assess learner knowledge and competence against criteria defined by the relevant awarding body. To provide a learning and assessment to Youth learners, ensuring the attainment of positive outcomes through the delivery of classroom and vocational assessment and training.
Reporting to: Area Manager
Salary: £24,500 – £27,000
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing specialist route support to learners within workshop or one to one settings
- Response for ensuring learners timely achievement of their qualifications
- Responsible for opening and registering qualifications.
- Responsible for registering, arranging, conducting and invigilating controlled tasks with learners undertaking their Qualification in line with award body requirements
- Responsible for carrying out all organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking associated with teaching and assessment responsibilities
- Accountable for attending and actively participating in standardisation meetings and CPD events
- Accountable for supporting and fully engaging learners in their qualification
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards as defined by internal and external quality assurers
- Responsible for maintaining accurate, up to date records of all assessment activities
- Accountable for ensuring positive outcomes are evidenced
- Monitor and ensure the timely completion and accuracy of all learner documentation required to reflect a true and accurate record of the learning route and progress
- Covering a regional area, travelling to visit learners at various locations
- Responsible for contributing to the planning, monitoring and achievement of agreed performance targets
- Responsible for continuously developing learning materials and resources to support delivery requirements
- Accountable for liaising with team members in the development and delivery of qualifications
- Maintaining positive working relationships with learners and colleagues
- To ensure security of company assets
- To comply with all company policies and procedures
- To comply with the companies safeguarding policy & procedure
- To comply with Equal Opportunities Legislation and be proactive in challenging prejudice, discrimination and stereotyping
- To implement in full the Company’s quality policies and procedures
- To consult the Company Health and Safety Policy with regards to their specific responsibilities as described in the general arrangements section
- To give consideration to their actions at work as to how they may affect the safety of Learners, clients and visitors to Company premises
- Support organisations core values
- Co-operate with all staff to achieve a healthy and safe workplace and reporting any risks identified, at the company’s or others premises, to the designated Health and Safety Officer.
- Other duties that may be identified from time to time by the Company.
- Attend relevant training / personal development programmes.
Experience & Qualifications
· Experience of Work Based Learning and Award Body practices.
· Experience of delivering Essential Skills Qualifications up to Level 2
· Full driving licence with use of own vehicle
· Qualified Assessor qualification or with the potential and willingness to work towards
· City & Guilds 9300 Level 2 in supporting Adults and Young People in Essential Skills
· L3 Essential Skills Practitioner Certificate
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Literacy and numeracy skills
· Excellent administrative skills
· Ability to work to targets and deadlines
· Ability to work effectively within a team
· Welsh speaker
· Knowledge of ESW requirements.
· Knowledge of training industry
· IT literate
· Safeguarding & Prevent Knowledge and understanding
· Self-motivated, self-starter
· Flexible in approach
· Ability to work under pressure
· Team player
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.