Art and Design Teacher – Vacancies in England and Wales
Information for Art Teachers Looking for Vacancies
New Directions Education recruits art teachers for supply jobs in schools across the UK. If you are a teacher of art – Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) or an experienced teacher of many years, we would like you to get in touch and register.
Ideally, you will be happy to teach from Key Stage 3 (KS3) to Key Stage 4 (KS4) with a possibility of teaching Key Stage 5 (KS5).
Art Teacher News
The Times Education Supplement (TES) recently surveyed the market for government-funded and private school jobs. Based upon training numbers in England and Wales, posts advertised between January and July 2011 in nearly 100 publications identified there was a shortage of qualified art & design teachers throughout the UK. New Directions is at the forefront of trying to recruit high quality specialists in this area.
The Role of a Supply Art & Design Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the curriculum or subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs of all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic and imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up-to-date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry.